Pingel electric shifter

dewie

Registered
I just wanted to give a quick review on the shifter, I've had it for 3 years now and now know how it works. Like sh!t. I understand the air shifters are better but electric ones are horrible. They have a ECU and kill moduale for the shifter which has to be placed under the seat. It might work fine out of the box but guaranteed after a month or two either the kill mod or ECU will go. It can make your bike run like sh!t or you could have to press the button 10 or 20 times before it up shifts or down shifts. Pingel itself is a good company with good support from their tech guys but these boxes are made in China and absolutely garbage. In 3 years I have been thru 2 ECU boxes and now 3 kill boxes. With months and months of down times I'm to frustrated to keep my mouth shut any longer.

Come on Pingel make a change and get some quality boxes made.

I had a Cycle-Tek co2 setup on my turbo bike(for 3 years)and worked flawlessly,never missed a shift(and on the 1lb. bottle would get 300+ shifts).Don't think he's selling them anymore,but if I ever go to an assisted shift setup again that's what it'll be(even if I have to find a used one:laugh:).

That's a ton of shifts. Space is limited on the bike but if this keeps up maybe. Thanks for the tip.

I was gonna go the pingel route myself but just heard so many horror stories like urs. really liked that no co2 had to be filled up but once ur bottle or valves aren't leaking it takes a real long time to go thru it and I use it for my WG too.

don't get wrong I've had my share of air shifter BS with leaking solenoids, leaky bottle valve, freakn waste gate diaphragm ripped and pissing out all my Co2 out smh, aftermarket rear sets not lining up with shift ram smh f1 light goin off smh that was cured with one of cycle tecks kill boxes. its the only one that really works.

I just have a real hard time pulling in the clutch under WOT which means ur essentially trying to hold on to the bar with two fingers while using two to pull in clutch. so ur two weakest fingers and partial use of thumb are trying to hold on while u hit the shift button and it just doesn't give a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking my hand is gonna pop off at 140 mph....:whistle:

but...... I will say once uve had an air shifter there is no living without it under WOT imo.

Back