Pingel Electric Shifter in Black?

screethoprez

Registered
Hey all,
So after drooling over Rusty's electric shifter yesterday, I've decided to put one on my 08. My only problem is, I can't seem to find one in black. Does anyone know if you can get them in black?

Thanks!

Hey all,
So after drooling over Rusty's electric shifter yesterday, I've decided to put one on my 08. My only problem is, I can't seem to find one in black. Does anyone know if you can get them in black?

Thanks!
heck just paint the thing.. just gotta cover the moving parts first

Screet- I can source that for you. Buy Now is here: Pingel Shifter for GSX1300R Hayabusa, Air Shifter

Although now that I look at that page, the '08 I don't have listed yet but now worries, can look that up for you. Pingel doesn't have a black option, they are big on chrome. Although they show a black for the GSXR750. ??? Have to ask about that if you are serious. :bowdown:

Img_4856_pingel_air_shifter_440.jpg

Img_4856_pingel_air_shifter_440.jpg

Screet- I can source that for you. Buy Now is here: Pingel Shifter for GSX1300R Hayabusa, Air Shifter

Although now that I look at that page, the '08 I don't have listed yet but now worries, can look that up for you. Pingel doesn't have a black option, they are big on chrome. Although they show a black for the GSXR750. ??? Have to ask about that if you are serious. :bowdown:

View attachment 127922

I would really like to get one in black if at all possible. I'm not doing any chrome on my 08.

Thanks!

I would really like to get one in black if at all possible. I'm not doing any chrome on my 08.

Thanks!

Talked with Pingel. They don't make one in black, the cylinders are all chrome. The bracketry is polished aluminum. They also make one in zinc, but they didn't know which would be the easiest to remove (chrome or zinc) and convert to black. They say that powerder-coating would not be recommended as it'd require dissassembly of the unit and you wouldn't want to do that.

So basically answer is I could source you one of the off-the-shelf ones for the Gen-II & you'd need a plan to convert the chrome to black... or it might be possible for them to custom make something. Their stock one is $850 list, so sounds pricey. However, if you think custom is the way to go, call them at 608-339-7999 & ask. :thumbsup:

Talked with Pingel. They don't make one in black, the cylinders are all chrome. The bracketry is polished aluminum. They also make one in zinc, but they didn't know which would be the easiest to remove (chrome or zinc) and convert to black. They say that powerder-coating would not be recommended as it'd require dissassembly of the unit and you wouldn't want to do that.

So basically answer is I could source you one of the off-the-shelf ones for the Gen-II & you'd need a plan to convert the chrome to black... or it might be possible for them to custom make something. Their stock one is $850 list, so sounds pricey. However, if you think custom is the way to go, call them at 608-339-7999 & ask. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's essentially what they told me too. I wonder if it can be anodized without disassembling it?

Back