Ping! Northern Calif, 10-16-10 Ride, updated with pics...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone interested in a all day-er on Saturday the 16th?

Sacramento, SF, Redding area riders or ... ???

I can head south or you guys can come up here... doesnt matter cause we got great roads everywhere.

Mostly depends on the weather and day light is getting shorter too.

Hwy 49 Downieville, Hwy 162, Hwy 36, Laporte Rd. ... it's all good but let me know what works best for you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sounds like fun Kent but I've already got plans, 15th thru 17th I'm gonna be at Sand Mountain Nevada for a nice little 3 day get-away.

800px-Sand_mountain_(Edited).jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread.............sounds like a fun adventure if you can get 4 or 5 or ???? riders to commit!

Weather forecast for Saturday in the Sierraville area calling for sunny and mid to high 60s. Not too shabby!

Last edited:
Cool guy's... miss read the date..thnx....Oh oh.. going to Sac drags on sat-sun..will see what happens

Cool guy's... miss read the date..thnx....Oh oh.. going to Sac drags on sat-sun..will see what happens

About 5 miles from the crib. Don't go to their website it is not safe, your 'puter will get sick.

Another thing going on that weekend is the Stockton Mile. I'm up to hitting it one day or the other.

Hey guyz : Robt, Ralph, Jim ... I am definately riding Saturday, I could head south to meet you guyz somewhere... there is also some rides scheduled up here with my local group too, let me know what you want to do or if your still interested in a ride... it's suppose to get much cooler starting this wknd ... could be the last of the high country rides for this year.

Brian Buell and I are Riding to Marklivile Ca Tomorrow tackling Monitor Pass with lunch in the afternoon. Meeting at Latrobe and 50 Chevron 8:00 AM

Robert

Robert, sorry but seems like most of the Nor Cal gang had other plans this wknd so my buddy from Elk Grove rode up here today and we will tackle hwy 36 on Saturday.

Be sure and take some photo's and Monitor will be a treat, brand new pave on the western side of monitor.

Have fun! :beerchug:

Octride-2010 124b.jpg

Octride-2010 125b.jpg

Kent, Monitor is nice with the new pavement. Rode it a few weeks back and looks just like your pics at the time. Glassy smooth!

Well I wasnt planning on getting home at 8 pm last night... especially since I only had my dark shield on the helmet ???

Anyway we started out at 9 a.m. rode hwy 36, stopped by the wildwood store and chatted with the owner and former racer Andrew Bohem.

Kept rollin and decided to hit it up SR1 ( Calif forrest service rd 1 ) some was smooth alot was not , more kinda goat trail in spots... lots of hunters and the scenery was epic! :thumbsup:

Oct-2010-rides 008b.jpg

Oct-2010-rides 020b.jpg

Oct-2010-rides 036b.jpg

Oct-2010-rides 053b.jpg

Oct-2010-rides 066b.jpg

Oct-2010-rides 079b.jpg

Forrest Service rd 1-2010 1143b.jpg

SouthForkMtn.gif

Last edited:
Back