***PING BULLET TRAIN**

ICEMANN

Registered
OR ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN ANSWER THIS

Ref... Deep pearl blue (01 color blue) and the silver (also 01 color).

TWO PART QUESTION.

Need the paint codes for a stock 01 blue/silver  (both colors).

Also
Is color rite all I have to choose from that will match?

If I take the paint codes to a PPG rep will I get a match?

I have a pint of color rite 01 blue and wonder if they can Match the paint close enuff to repaint my main side panels L & R?.

Im sure you have solved this problem.  Just dont want to spend the $$$$ on color rite unless I have to.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079660480 -->

I,ve been told the Busa,s are all just decal,s so you will probably have to have it matched!
smile.gif

You can just about match anything with PPG, so I can't see there being a problem........pearls are a li'l harder to match though.
One of the paint jobs I did on a bike a few months back, turned out not even close......had to paint the whole bike......kinda sucked.
Other than that, I've had good success with PPG.
Maybe Bullet knows more....PM him.

OR ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN ANSWER THIS

Ref... Deep pearl blue (01 color blue) and the silver (also 01 color).

TWO PART QUESTION.

Need the paint codes for a stock 01 blue/silver  (both colors).

Also
Is color rite all I have to choose from that will match?

If I take the paint codes to a PPG rep will I get a match?

I have a pint of color rite 01 blue and wonder if they can Match the paint close enuff to repaint my main side panels L & R?.

Im sure you have solved this problem.  Just dont want to spend the $$$$ on color rite unless I have to.

JD
Hmmm... as for part one of your question, the only place I know of to get the paint codes online is color-rite and they don't show the '01 blue/silver for some reason. I'm sure they could give 'em to ya if you call 'em. They've got 'em all.

Part two... I have tried to get Suzuki bike color formula info through my local PPG and Dupont stores but they say they don't have access to bike formula info. Unless your local dealer knows something mine don't I'm afraid all they can do is find something close and tint it to try and match your bike.

From my experience, ( and as MSF mentioned
wink.gif
) PPG color matches better than Dupont so if your local PPG store is good at matching they might be able to hook you up with a very close match. It'll be hit or miss, though, since you're only painting panels and not the whole bike. Sometimes there's a BIG difference between a blendable match and a panel match where a painted panel butts against a factory painted panel.

I'd be weary of letting the PPG store tint color-rite paint with PPG tint bases, man. You'd be mixin' chemistry and that doesn't always work out very well. You might get away with it, but then again you could have all sorts of problems. One of the biggest problems I've seen from mixin' systems is clearcoat adhesion problems. I've seen people mix systems and appear to get away with it until the clear cures and delaminates and comes off in sheets. Not good!
mad.gif

As for me having already solved this problem, not yet. I plan to go further with it by callin' PPG from the paint store like I work there (I know the manager and he'd let me do it... if he wants to keep my business
biggrin.gif
) and seein' if I can squeeze anything more out of the formula hotline people regarding bike color info. I'm off tomorrow and have a relatively loose schedule so I'll see if I can get by there to give it a try. I'll post here if I find out something. Give me a day and see what I can come up with for ya, bro.
beerchug.gif

Yer good Bullet!!!!!!

Nuter thing is that some autoparts stores have a computer aided paint decoder they can put against yer panel and it will try and match the paint for ya.
Be very careful of this though........get a small amount (they'll usually give it to ya)......paint something inconspicuos to see if it matches before spending couple hun on paint.

Yer good Bullet!!!!!!

Nuter thing is that some autoparts stores have a computer aided paint decoder they can put against yer panel and it will try and match the paint for ya.
Be very careful of this though........get a small amount (they'll usually give it to ya)......paint something inconspicuos to see if it matches before spending couple hun on paint.
Yeah, I've seen those things hit dead on and I've seen 'em spit out colors that weren't even fuggin' close. Not even tintable to make a blend with! I've used the Dupont Chromavision personally a LOT and I'd say it's prolly just over 50% accurate, meaning it'll get you blendable matches on just over half the scans you do. Haven't used the PPG Prophet (?) yet but I've heard it's much better than the Dupont reader.

For two side panels, how much silver paint and "BLUE" paint will I be needing if I have to goto color rite. 1 quart each too much or not enuff?

Thanks way way much
JD

Back