pinched in Socal by the Highway patrol @ 110 +

xxx_busa

Registered
I got the usual ticket for over 100, What can I expect, I think I can beat it, No radar or birds ion the air, I just rolled into a closed freeway, and suprise !!!

DUDE!!!!!! You should know better!!!:duh::duh::duh:
CHP LOVE that stretch of the 405!

Can you beat it if there was no radar and no birds probably as the speed would be an approx. guess on their part. Wait for your date it sucks though they may try to throw the book at you and you may need to lawyer up. I had to but they had me on Radar "supposedly". worst case scenario is lose your license for from a month to a year, possible jail time as well and maybe even some community service. Mind you I was nailed in Sacramento. Either way good luck :beerchug:

In SoCal, rule of thumb:

If the freeway is empty and not a car in sight... there's a reason.
Also, make sure you're not the fastest person on the road. As long as someone is passing you, you're pretty much golden.
(Unless you're doing 110 and they're doing 120... then you're both screwed.)
Be prepared to pull out the checkbook and write till it hurts.

Dude, the State is broke. They're not letting ANYONE slide, now. The more folks they
catch means fewer mandatory furloughs Cali has to give the State workers. You've got civil
servants from SoCal to NoCal cheering the Chips on. :laugh:

Besides... what the frig were you thinking doing a buck-ten on the 405 in the city??!!?

14 out in the boonies or the open stretch by Pendleton, maybe, but the 405 in Carson?
That's like being in a high-speed chase on TV and pulling onto the 101 during rush hour!
Ain't gonna end well.

Last edited:
What can I say? I do not feel the least bit sorry for you. Pay up and give until it hurts.

Now I am not saying I have not done well over 100 MPH, because I have plenty of times and YES on public roads. But not in town, close to town or what. Out in the middle of nowhere. Is it wrong that I did that? HECK YES. But like others I am not perfect and do not claim to be. But my motto is "If you want to play, be ready to pay. If you can't pay the price don't play the game."
So for the last year I have had to keep it close to the speed limit. No money to pay with if I play. Man that stinks, but it what we have to do.

Good Luck with this. Hope it works out in you favor. But I don't feel sorry.
Book him Dano.:poke:

Call MR Ticket, he's in San Diego but he'll probably be able to help you out, and they do thier best, they will make the appearance for you, maybe he can help, they deal with this everyday.

14 out in the boonies or the open stretch by Pendleton, maybe,[/QUOTE]

:laugh::whistle::whistle::whistle:..

ahhhh...basilone rd to oceanside blvd...ahhhhhh........:race:

In Florida they take your Bike. I know it seems crazy but its the LAW

they can in ca too if your what they consider wreckless driving over 100 is considered wreckless driving but it's up to the officer to actually call it wreckless or just speed in excess of 100.

Good luck bro,got clocked going through radar at 116 mph(on the 5 up by Disneyland a few years ago)and managed to talk my way out of it(had just slowed from about 170 so was definitely my lucky day).These days i try to hold it down to a roll on maybe a couple times a month.:thumbsup:

AWWWW I am Torrance Born and raised. No radar fight it and say u were going 72. I was one with Torrance Court and my GSXR back in the 90s. :laugh:

Back