pilot sports...anywhere?

Hey Falcon Fool,

Are you looking at 190's for the rear or 200's. I'm trying to get to the facts on replacing the OEM BT56. What I'm hearing is the BT56 in a 190 is actually closer to a 200 in comparing with 207's and Pilots. Befoe I go and get a 200 207 for my rear, I wanted to be sure of the sizing statement.

The OEM replacement on the busa is a BT56J. The rear is listed as a 190 but actually measures out as a 198. That's one difference between the J and the stock SS. The other is that the J gets you a "Z+" rating, which makes a difference if your planning on spending any time above 150mph.
EZ

Meanwhile, you might want to try a set of Bridgestone BT56 SS in the stock sizes. The 190 is actually about 1/4-inch narrower shoulder to shoulder than the stock BT56 J, and the front may actually be 1/16-inch wider, or my no-calipers measurement method may have been off.

My bike turned in a little easier and felt extremely stable after I put a set on. The grip was good, but haven't put them to much of a test in the first 170 miles. $270 for the set plus tax, mounting, etc. at the dealer.

I am going with the 190. I talked to a Michelin rep and that is what he recommended. Called Chaparrel, Dennis Kirk, motorcycle acc. whse. , Competition Accessories, Brockton cycle and a few more. No one has them in stock. BTW I got the cheapest quote at Chaparral. Placed my order for a set. They said 2-3 weeks. Sure hope my oem Brigs hold out that long!

i put on the mez4 190 they measure the exact same circumferance as the stock tire on my 2000 busa that with a ohlins rear shock and i also have mag/carbon from dymag this thing handles as good as my 96 750 gsxr

If they told you 2-3 weeks to get them....that means that they are hoping to get them in at that time....I would call back and have them check to make sure they have them.....I know this from personal experience over there.....How much did they quote them to you?

Back