Pilot Powers

Busa05_KY

Registered
Whats the difference between Michelin Pilot Power 190/50ZR17 G and Michelin Pilot Power 190/50ZR17. Uaw online has the"g's" in stock but not the other.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
tounge.gif

just buy the new pilot power 2ct go to michelins web site check them out that tire will set the standard for every body else (dual compound) I bought metzlers before I found out about these tires but they will be my next set

Well I think I figured it out. "G" rated is designed or 04-05 yamaha r1. The bad side to what I found out is the regular pilot powers are not actually designed for the big displacement bikes, ie busa. Also they are only rated at 168mph. Not that that is a issue though. Michelin does have a specially designed pilot power for big displacement bikes. It is the pilot power hpx i believe. These tires are rated at 200+ mph sustained speeds. They are also made of sightly different compounds, to accomadate the extra weight and torque. The tread design is also different. More like the stock bridgestones. Something about that tread design is better for sustained high speeds.
rock.gif

it's not the tread design,it's the extra belts,that tire is rounder then most,i just mounted a set on my other bike (03 zx 12) slower to turn in,but rock steady till the shift light came on in the top of 6 th (stock gearing)

(Busa05_KY @ Sep. 10 2006,12:05) Michelin does have a specially designed pilot power for big displacement bikes. It is the pilot power hpx i believe. These tires are rated at 200+ mph sustained speeds. They are also made of sightly different compounds, to accomadate the extra weight and torque.
the hpx tires suck my buddy just bought that tire a month ago spins all the time other people have posted up here saying there a crap tire as well

so far i have put 3,1.25lb bottles through the bike with that tire on it,.032 jet,spraying it in second gear,it has picked the nose up in 2nd and or 3rd on every hit,with 36 lb's,at 38 + it is easier to break loose

Thanks everybody for the replies. I think you guys have convinced me that the regular or 2ct Pilot Powers would be fine on a busa, even with the "w" speed rating 168+ mph. Funny thing is though the more research i've done is leading me towards Qualifiers. I think they fit my riding style better than Pilot Powers.
biggrin.gif

Plus quals are a little cheaper.

Back