Pilot Power 3

piratediverjefff

Registered
Anybody running them?About due to replace my 2011 Bridgestone BT015's and since i see only highway riding with an occasional trip up and down a mountain am looking for some decent mileage and grip.I know tire threads have been done to death,but just humor and old geezer here for a minute.:laugh:

Thanks,
Jeff

Got a set sitting waitinv to be installed.
If your not into dragging a knee the Pilot Road 3 is what your looking for.

Mines still sitting in the garage, but Scar swears by them and says it's all the grip we need. He gets 10K one fella just posted up 15K with good to me tread showing.

Anybody running them?About due to replace my 2011 Bridgestone BT015's and since i see only highway riding with an occasional trip up and down a mountain am looking for some decent mileage and grip.I know tire threads have been done to death,but just humor and old geezer here for a minute.:laugh:

Thanks,
Jeff

The initial reviews I saw were pretty positive. Michelin redesigned the Power 3 to have a slightly harder center than the previous Power 2CT and they also made the center section a little more narrow so that you have more of the softer compound on the ground during lean angles

Mines still sitting in the garage, but Scar swears by them and says it's all the grip we need. He gets 10K one fella just posted up 15K with good to me tread showing.

I'd thought you'd gotten a set pops,was waitin' for a road test report.:laugh:

Same thing i was reading Justin,think i'll go for a set within the next few weeks(local shop has them mounted and balanced,ride in/ride out for $395 a pair,probably as good a price as any around here and i've dealt with them for over 10 years and trust their work so will probably just go there,or Erion Racing is close by,may check them out).:thumbsup:

You probably won't notice any difference between a 180 & 190 on the streets. In reality you give up a little grip (190) for a tire that allows for a tad more lean angle (180). I can't tell any difference in the two tires, I doubt you will either.

If you are an upper tier rider at track events you will notice a limited amount of difference in exit grip. Other than that the 180/190 would be very hard to distinguish any difference.

Just mounted a pp3 on front and power pure on rear. Good luck finding a power pure, they are discontinued. Hopefully the mileage is o.k. on the pp3. The pp3 is the replacement for the power pure. The sidewall is definitely stiffer than the pure. All these modern sport bike tires rock.

...and $395 for sale and mounting/balancing sounds just about right.

Back