Pig Spotters

T-Rav

Registered
Does anyone have the Pig Spotter mirrors or does anyone have any thoughts on them?
Please post pics.:please:
I'm thinking about getting them but I'm not sure yet.:whistle:

I have been told they are for looks not seeing behind you. I don't know first hand.

I run the pig spotter 2's.. I dont use them for seeing behind me i use them to satisfy the local state laws about mirroes. You can see out of them but like they say their only for spotting the red and blues..

I run the pig spotter 2's.. I dont use them for seeing behind me i use them to satisfy the local state laws about mirroes. You can see out of them but like they say their only for spotting the red and blues..

you got pics, pinky?

here you go.

my shots 130.jpg

my shots 131.jpg

my shots 133.jpg

I mounted them low on the nose so when im in full tuck i can see out of them and because it was going to take alot of shimming to use them in the stock spot and all i could see was my shoulders. I do get alot of " dude those are awsome" comments tho.

i seen an 09 with them on the stock location, not my cup of tee, however when the owner went down 4 days after having the bike, mirrors didn't get damage.

I ran them, liked the looks and even was a proponent of using them as they give you a really nice side field of view ~20 feet total side to side. The biggest problem...no view directly behind you. Oh you see it, but the perspective is so far off you can't see what your really looking at. My buddy and I ride staggered on the road and I could not even see him when he was in the second tire stripe behind me.

Went and ordered a nice set of mirrors to replace and I won't go back. A lot of relief being able to see behind me. IMO if STMachine put a little more engineering behind the mirror and gave a better layout to address what is their weak point...these things would be killer. Good luck on which ever way you go!

I actually like mine. The view isn't quite as good as I'd hoped, but its always wise to do a shoulder check anyways. In the stock location, you can see pretty well around your 8 o'clock (4 too, I suppose.) and you get a pretty good view if you're tucked tight. Given that they are convex mirror faces, you don't have a very good feel for distance, but after a while, you start to adjust. (For example, if I see a car in my left mirror, and I change lanes quick, the nose of his car is gonna catch me right in front of my leg, if that makes sense... I think so.. ah well..)

Pics (no new ones, its a crappy day out.)

019.jpg

022.jpg

Ps. The install was kind of a PITA, mostly due to poor instructions and very little room to do the wiring near the fuse box, feel free to pm me if you need a hand.

Back