Pig Spotters:  How do you like them?

Fan2zee

Registered
<ul>
[*]Seeing If the "Pig Spotters" mirrors actually work....
[*]I know they will not give you the rear view like the OEM mirrors but are they better than just having block-off plates?
[*]Are they adjustable once mounted?
[/list]

Pig_Spotters.jpg

They sure look cool, but I don't know how functional they are.
DSCI0016.jpg
Looks good,not functional at all.If you do get them,split a vaccum hose and put on the base so they dont scratch your upper.The black ones have a rubbery coating that doesnt scratch your bike so easy.NJ.

Just thought that they would look great as Turbo Exhaust
tounge.gif
, Loud YES
sad.gif
, But really Cool
cool.gif

OCC would do it
laugh.gif

Once mounted they are not adjustable.  The mirror inside is solid mounted.

You can use them to see when other bikes or cars are in the "blind" spot.  I love mine, just because I turn around ALOT and always have.  I prefer the pig spotters to a bar-end mirror.

I think they are better than block offs.

<!--EDIT|Hard On Parts
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134486193 -->

Once mounted they are not adjustable. The mirror inside is solid mounted.

You can use them to see when other bikes or cars are in the "blind" spot. I love mine, just because I turn around ALOT and always have. I prefer the pig spotters to a bar-end mirror.

I switch back between them and the stock ones.When I have the pig spotters on, I dont even look at them,I just look over my shoulder.I really like the way the bike looks with them, but for someone that uses their mirrors alot, it will be quite a transition.NJ.

Once mounted they are not adjustable.  The mirror inside is solid mounted.

You can use them to see when other bikes or cars are in the "blind" spot.  I love mine, just because I turn around ALOT and always have.  I prefer the pig spotters to a bar-end mirror.

I also turn & look over my shoulder before making turns. But when I'm riding in a pack, I like to glance to over too check up....

I was concerned that they were just for cosmetics, because the pictures make the mirror look like they would mount up and the only thing you would be able to see is yourself or they would clip the view of the front upper.

Next Dilemma: What color.... Black or Chrome...?

If you have pics of yours, post them... maybe this will help me decide!

My bike:
<ul>
[*]All Silver w/Metallic flakes
[*]All Decals are Black
[*]Frame is OEM silver raw finish
[*]Wheels Chrome
[/list]

Next Dilemma: What color.... Black or Chrome...?

If you have pics of yours, post them... maybe this will help me decide!

My bike:
<ul>
[*]All Silver w/Metallic flakes
[*]All Decals are Black
[*]Frame is OEM silver raw finish
[*]Wheels Chrome
[/list]
I have a set of both, on your case,either one will look good IMO.NJ.

I had a set on my 750. By the time you see someone in those mirrors they are almost next to you. Looking back is absolutley necessary with these. Also, they don't come in chrome it's polished aluminum.
You will get lots of compliments on them though.
I certainly did.

Anyone like the pig spotters with the LED turn signals

<!--EDIT|MACH5
Reason for Edit: "Spelling"|1134668651 -->

NitrousJunkie,,
that background of your bike looks awful familiar...
is that in Sharjah
Nope,its in Alain.
ill have to swing by there next time i am in Sharjah..

you must love that bike there.. with no cops chasing you on the highway. drive slow.. you know the cagers drive crazy there!!

by the way.. do the speed cameras even catch you at the high speed in the little bike ( little compared to bigger cars and more surface area for camera sensor)

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134685940 -->

NitrousJunkie,,
is that in Sharjah
Nope,its in Alain.

you must love that bike there.. with no cops chasing you on the highway. drive slow.. you know the cagers drive crazy there!!

by the way.. do the speed cameras even catch you at the high speed in the little bike ( little compared to bigger cars and more surface area for camera sensor)
The Cameras in the Abu Dhabi Emirate shoot you from the rear, so I never speed here,IN Dubai,they shoot you from the front,So I just wave at them! LOL!

NitrousJunkie,,
is that in Sharjah
Nope,its in Alain.

by the way.. do the speed cameras even catch you at the high speed in the little bike  ( little compared to bigger cars and more surface area for camera sensor)
The Cameras in the Abu Dhabi Emirate shoot you from the rear, so I never speed here,IN Dubai,they shoot you from the front,So I just wave at them! LOL!
lucky guy.. hope to come to UAE this summer.. when its nice and toasty :-)

Back