Pictures from an old crash

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was cleaning my computer and I found these old pictures of my friend killing off his Ducati 749 at Summit Point. These are about 3 years old but they are amazing. He was unhurt but the bike had to be parted out. This was his first race as a licensed racer and it was in the second turn. Quick career........:whistle: Oh well he looks like a pro in the crash anyway and only a seasoned pro crashes right in front of the track photographer.:thumbsup:

DSC_1107.jpg

DSC_1108.jpg

DSC_1109.jpg

DSC_1110.jpg

DSC_1111.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1113.jpg

DSC_1115.jpg

DSC_1119.jpg

Flying Mario.jpg

Holy smokes! The shot of the bike in the air is scary, looks like it's coming down ON him.

Ouch! Man, that Duc was determined to follow him...lucky it never came down on him :please:

Thanks for sharing! So glad he was OK!

There are a couple things that are amazing/scary about the series of shots.

1. How high the bike went. He thinks he was doing 70+ when he lost control.
2. The gas spraying all over. I always worrie about the gas spray. That's a pretty good way to make a bomb if you didn't know!
3. Look at the riders in the background,]. They only get about 30-40 yards in the series of shots. At the speed they are going and viewing them from the side you realize how fast the crash is hapening.

There are a couple things that are amazing/scary about the series of shots.

1. How high the bike went. He thinks he was doing 70+ when he lost control.
2. The gas spraying all over. I always worrie about the gas spray. That's a pretty good way to make a bomb if you didn't know!
3. Look at the riders in the background,]. They only get about 30-40 yards in the series of shots. At the speed they are going and viewing them from the side you realize how fast the crash is hapening.

A bomb?:laugh:
Gas tanks don't blow up like they do in the movies.
A horrible way to get bet burned badly, but still a low explosive.
There'll be a fireball, but no shockwave. Especially from around 2 gallons that aren't under pressure and are already leaking.:beerchug:

A bomb?:laugh:
Gas tanks don't blow up like they do in the movies.
A horrible way to get bet burned badly, but still a low explosive.
There'll be a fireball, but no shockwave. Especially from around 2 gallons that aren't under pressure and are already leaking.:beerchug:

When gas is atomized out of the tank like that it can flash. There is now explosion unless the flame runs back into the tank but the flash fire is extremely hot. The fire goes out very fast but it will leave 3rd degree burns on whatever it touches. Don't ask me how I know this :whistle:

When gas is atomized out of the tank like that it can flash. There is now explosion unless the flame runs back into the tank but the flash fire is extremely hot. The fire goes out very fast but it will leave 3rd degree burns on whatever it touches. Don't ask me how I know this :whistle:

Gas burns hot, vehicles burn hot, seen it first hand several times.
Fire and gas fires are dangerous, I know.
Hollywood gas tank fire=explosion.
Real life gas tank fire=poof, fireball.
Both are bad close up.
Either are cool at a safe distance.:beerchug:

Gas burns hot, vehicles burn hot, seen it first hand several times.
Fire and gas fires are dangerous, I know.
Hollywood gas tank fire=explosion.
Real life gas tank fire=poof, fireball.
Both are bad close up.
Either are cool at a safe distance.:beerchug:

Hmmm...you sure about that....

Off topic but his post crash interview from the hospital showed just what type of person Guy is. Joking and carrying on, I think he his quote was "O shoulders pretty messed up, that deft doesn't feel clever." This was in the 2010 Closer to the Edge - TT3D that didn't come to the US in theaters.

Back