Pics of the damage:(:(:(

Oh No!.......That hurts......Sorry Man!
sad.gif

That is painful to see. Asphalt must be very rough to grind down the fairings so badly. Sorry for your loss.

Not to come off sounding like a ##### here (as I do feel bad for anyone who goes down and sustains damage) but 1 word to the on-looking wise here...."Sliders"....they would've saved most if not all of the engine case damage...point being?...scruffed up plastic and dinged pipes I can still ride away with...but once that engine case starts bleeding Mobil 1?...it's time to call someone with a pick-up truck.:(

Dude the same day i went for a ride, i bought metal frame sliders, i didnt want to cut into my plastic that day becasue it was going to rain later, and i didnt want to be caught with a half assed job

Not to come off sounding like a ##### here (as I do feel bad for anyone who goes down and sustains damage) but 1 word to the on-looking wise here...."Sliders"....they would've saved most if not all of the engine case damage...point being?...scruffed up plastic and dinged pipes I can still ride away with...but once that engine case starts bleeding Mobil 1?...it's time to call someone with a pick-up truck.:(
Honestly, I don't believe sliders would have done much in his case. I have yet to see them work in any crash more than a simple tipover.

There was damage on that side only from a previous lay down. Frame sliders would have helped so nothing got cracked

Honestly, I don't believe sliders would have done much in his case. I have yet to see them work in any crash more than a simple tipover.
and here I've seen them work in EVERY crash...they ain't fairing or tank protectors...but they do help prevent twin spar perimeter frames (such as we have on the Busa) from getting ground down annnnd....they take/absorb the brunt of the impact to your engine case & covers....and saving te frame and engine IS most critical...and I'm not talking some POS LP or somebodys home-made nylon tubing with a bolt & fender washer kinda sliders here...I'm talking quality sliders...such as those made by Vortex...where the puck base registers into a counterbore in the frame...and then the slider puck mounts to the puck base with a huge diameter boltface...they work.

Back