Pics of recent trip in California

Longboard

Registered
Hey fellow riders,

I know everyone likes pictures so I thought I'd share some from a recent trip I took with my 09 kitted out for touring. I haven't tried posting any before, so lets see how it goes:))

The first shot is on top of Mt. Wilson at the western end of Angeles Crest Highway (fantastic road by the way). If you look carefully into the smoggy muck in the background you can see downtown LA in the basin below and the Pacific Ocean on the horizon. The second photo is my 2 friends and Mt. Lassen in the background. I love taking trips like this after Labor Day when the weather is still warm, but all the kids are back in school so you get a lot less traffic in the pretty spots like national parks...

photo.jpg

photo(1).jpg

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I hope to do a west coast trip someday. More pics please... :beerchug:

Thanks guys. Here are a few more shots. Great showing my buddies what a HYPER-SPORT touring bike can do hehehe...

photo(3).jpg

photo(4).jpg

photo(5).jpg

photo(7).jpg

photo(6).jpg

It's actually a V-Strom 650. My buddy has to wring the poor girl's neck and even then can't keep up, especially in the higher elevations:whistle:. Its a super comfortable ride though and would leave the Busa for dead on any kind of dirt- even on "goaty" pavement he charges ahead... It actually makes me think I need to add a dual sport to the stable hahaha (it's only money right?). Lots of forest service roads and the like that would be fun to explore on the right bike. Do you like your V-strom 1000?

Back