pics of my modified inner fairing

rccola

Registered
I saw an advertisement in a magazine for inner fairing modification. The stock one always frustrated me because no matter what I did, it would always have a dull appearence. This guy in florida paints the inner fairings of Busas.<span style='color:darkblue'>race ready</span>
I have not been on the forum for a while, so probably someone else has posted a similiar link. I am pleased with my new look for a low price $109.00

DSC00029.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
LQQkz nice Playa ;but your alittle late on this mod(old news)

Thank you! That is what I have been looking for. I think BA used the same guy. He apparently doesn't sand them sdown like Gixx, but at least I know I could have them done in time for some upcoming events. I will contact them immediately.

Thanks again.

Hey guys/gals,

Just be forewarned. These inners do not have clearcoat on them, and they are not sanded. The paint will come off after washing it a few times. I had mine clearcoated by a painter friend of mine. Please guys. As much money as we spend on our bike to make them look nice, we need to be made aware that all that shines ain't gold. If you guys call Race Ready, ask the guy about care and handling instructions. He will quickly tell you that you can't use anything even slightly abrasive and that you have to be real careful when washing them. I personally ordered a set that he had done because I was on a budget (getting a new house). I kept my original set because I want mine done by Nick Smith (Gixx1300) once I get some extra cash (or should I say..."Cache"
laugh.gif
). He did my mirrors for me and I've seen pics of the inners he does. They are awesome. He sands them to get the texture out, paints, and clearcoats them. It's a little pricey at $300 a set, but I really like his work. Just my .02 and an extra .75 to at least save you guys/gals some heartache.

Brian

Instead of Painting?
rock.gif

How ABout SafeTech Carbon Fiber Inners

inners_09.jpg

A couple more shots...

inners_08.jpg

Last one, Anyone know anything about these? I was thinking they might be the ticket on an SE...Maybe not so good for the Multi-colored crowd though.

Any thoughts?

Here's all the contact Info I pulled from Ulens website.

Busa carbon fiber inners: $395 + s/h
SafeTech, Miami, FL
Contacts: Rico Campos (owner) & Nei Silva
E-mail: trabalho00@hotmail.com
Phone: (786) 293-6544 or (305) 613-6857

inners_07.jpg

Absolutely the real deal...Damn well better be, They cost about $350-400. I think they would be shweeet on a Grey and silver or all black Busa...

Absolutely the real deal...Damn well better be, They cost about $350-400.  I think they would be shweeet on a Grey and silver or all black Busa...
O boy....I'm gonna hafta look into that.
Only problem for me is that $395 equates to over $600 smackers with shipping.
That sucks.
I'll see what I can get em for, landed then make my mind.
Thanks Rev man

Hey Monster, If you like you can send me the Money for them and I will try them out and let you know what I think...
rock.gif

The guys website said they come packaged well.

RC, the question on the table is whether these came clear coated? How long have you had them? And how are they standing up? Any care and maintenance issues?

Please see this thread and comment...

Thanks

I'll just say this about William. He is full of sh^t. If his inners were clearcoated like he implies, then I wouldn't be able to use my fingernail and just slightly scrape off the paint. He also didn't paint the little small plastic thing-a-ma-jigs that sit right under the tank. He just sent me some stock black ones. I thought that I would avoid going into this, but someone is lying and definitely isn't me. As far as the Nick issue goes, you almost have to take that with a grain of salt. These guys are direct competitors, so why would William want to divulge any info comparing the two. Both look good, but Nick's work has got William's beat hands down (almost like a Busa racing a ZX6). Yes, Nick's work is a lot higher than William's, but you must remember that you get what you pay for. Also, Nick did my mirrors for me and I can attest to the quality of his work.

Brian

I'll just say this about William.  He is full of sh^t.  If his inners were clearcoated like he implies, then I wouldn't be able to use my fingernail and just slightly scrape off the paint.  He also didn't paint the little small plastic thing-a-ma-jigs that sit right under the tank.  He just sent me some stock black ones.  I thought that I would avoid going into this, but someone is lying and definitely isn't me.  As far as the Nick issue goes, you almost have to take that with a grain of salt.  These guys are direct competitors, so why would William want to divulge any info comparing the two.  Both look good, but Nick's work has got William's beat hands down (almost like a Busa racing a ZX6).  Yes, Nick's work is a lot higher than William's, but you must remember that you get what you pay for.  Also, Nick did my mirrors for me and I can attest to the quality of his work.

Brian
It almost sounds like we talked to two different people. I forgot to ask about the little black things, and William mentioned them. He said that although he was sending me new Inners, that he would paint my little black things if I sent them to him. He said that he would paint them Silver to match the scheme. There would also be no extra charge for doing it. Again, he introduced this subject, not me. What's up with dat?

One questions come to mind Brian...How long ago did you have your work done? This is a one man band and he may have improved his program as he progressed. The fact that you only paid $170 and he is now asking $180 suggests that you may have been an early customer. It sounds like he figured out that he needed to clear coat and paint the little black things after you got yours. I don't know.

The missing element here is RC who also purchased the Race Ready Inners. I would love to here his comments.

And you know me. If I don't like this product, you all will hear about it. If I can bash Corbin, i can bash anyone!

And by the way, I have never, ever knocked Nick's work. I love his work. William didn't either. He just explained what he thought Nick was doing, no negative selling at all. Lets not put words into anyone's mouth. Well I guess he did say that Nick charges too much. LOL

Before posting this message, I re-checked RC's pics, and sure enough, his little black things aren't painted either. So it sounds like this William guy has improved his game. I sure hope so, and I will let you guys know how it turns out.

In any case, BA has never steered me wrong, so I will be looking for a clear coater just in case.

Last one, Anyone know anything about these?  I was thinking they might be the ticket on an SE...Maybe not so good for the Multi-colored crowd though.  

Any thoughts?

Here's all the contact Info I pulled from Ulens website.

Busa carbon fiber inners:  $395 + s/h
SafeTech, Miami, FL
Contacts:  Rico Campos (owner) & Nei Silva
E-mail:  trabalho00@hotmail.com
Phone:  (786) 293-6544 or (305) 613-6857
how much did u get discount for THAT plug?!?!

Back