Pics of cheap ebay stubby.

first vr4

Registered
I know was there was alot of trash talk concerning the cheap ebay stubby baffled exhaust tips but I went ahead and bought "one". They were sold in pairs for a stock system but I have Yoshi 4-2-1. I knew I would have to custom fit it to my headers but it was quite simple. I bought a reducer at the local NAPA, painted it with ceramic black, installed a couple mounts so I could hook up the muffler springs and here is the end result.
I get all positive comments about the look and sound. I did this untill I can get something like the Voodoo or similiar. I'm just not sure what will fit with the Yosh headers?
Shawn  
lurk.gif

28.jpg

I thought it might sound like crap (because of the price) but it sounds pretty good! I took the baffle out and packed with exhaust packing insulation. I need to have a friend ride it so I can hear how it sounds when I'm not on the bike.
beerchug.gif

Shawn

Looks good either way. Why pay the money for a Voodoo set-up when you already have the look.

I just put the same exhaust tips on my bike last week. 78.00 is a great price for these baffled tips. 65.00 with no baffles. The sound is awesome and no fuel manager needed. I am working on getting some pics of my new 07, it is back apart waitig for chrome.

I'm not sure how to post a sound clip? I took a small video with my cell?

Rockadaous, the tip came a baffle but I bought a longer baffle from Dennis Kirk along with packing.
Thanks for all the positive comments. I figured to get some hate saying it looks like an Autozone tip. I don't know if it is or not but I don't care. I figured after I read the post with the guy who customed a set of cherry bombs (very creative!) I'd be ok!

Shanling, I'll post some pics of the Vette when I get some more digital pics of her. She's a 64 with a 327, sidepipes, Doug Nash 5 speed ect..    
beerchug.gif

the stubbies I have heard with baffles make the bike almost sound turbocharged... not too bad on full throttle either..

Yo bro... love the bike! The way the stubbies "clean" up the rear end is def awesome. That's what I've been running for a little while. The db's on this thing are OUTRAGEOUS!

Sienna_complete_R_side___resize.jpg

Back