PICS FullTilt SoCal shoot - Now I need FL/GA peeps

fulltilt

Registered
Well, my trip down to SoCal was fraught with fun and adventure. I had the unusual situation of having more cars than bikes participating. Normally, I've got too many bikers, while the cars are scarce. As the weather in LA was a little damp, we lost a couple scheduled two players. This put a crimp on the usual chase bike camera platform, but it all worked out in the end. (Thanks BT)

Some of the footage has escaped and ended up online already.

In any event, I'll be landing in Miami late next Thursday night. Friday, I'll head up north to the Jacksonville, Atlanta region to hook up with any of the local big dogs (two and four wheeled). Orlando, Tampa and Talahassee are all other potential waypoint for me. I'm prepared to drive the hell out of my rental car to cover all the action I can while I'm there. I'll need plenty of local help to navigate the scene when I get there.

On October 28th-29th, I plan on shooting as much video as I can.

I will travel some distance to meet up with particularly interesting or nasty cars and bikes.

On the weekend of Nov 4th-5th, I'll be in the Southern Florida region. I need contacts there also. Again, I will go wherever there are interesting vehicles or knowledgable hosts.

I'll have a a number of cameras and a bike mount made for a Hayabusam which I've found makes a great camera platform. I will be bringing leathers just in case.

Email me if you are in the area, or know people who are a part of the scene.

I'm still a one-man outfit in need of all the voluteer help I can get.

Try me at FullTilt(*at*)gmail.com if you think you might like to participate or help out.

I need stock and modified bikes, exotic cars and highly modified street cars to come out and play. People adept at holding a camera are also welcome to get in touch.

Here is some of last weekend's action.

700HP Single Turbo Supra vs. 640HP Supercharged Vette

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

The 190mph suction cup camera mount.

'06 GSXR 1K camera bike - smoking fast for a stocker

Blown C5 vs stock Busa at 40 mph launch

This car was driven HARD. Didn't quite crack the goal speed of 200, but impressed the hell out of everyone there. Great to see one actually used the way it was meant to be driven.

I don't think the Supra was using the full 900HP due to fouled plugs, but it still made an impressive showing.

This was a very interesting run, indeed.

Throwing up asphalt at the designated 'hit' point.

Several birds WERE harmed during the making this film. Any ornithologists who can identify the species of that smear. Lambo also hit one at well over 170.

It is indeed his bike.

That mount isn't my favorite. Most of my stuff is shot off a Busa mount that is much better. Wouldn't recommend buying one like the one pictured.

Nice teaser material for KOTS II FullTilt!! Too bad I don't live in FL as I'd love to help out.
That was an exciting day down in Mexico. Even the Lambo wasn't the fastest one there, watching (and listening) to one of those fly by was unreal. Can't wait for the DVD.

@ Lamb: Yup. My Gixx. Still have the damn warning stickers.
laugh.gif
Just been too lazy to remove them as I'd rather be riding than playing with stickies.

about the Gixx: I knew the 1K was fast, but DAYUM!!! It's acceleration/top end performance definitely blew off the doors off my old, lightly modded piped, PC, derestricted Busa. AS far as the cameramounts go. The one I used as Kerry described wasn't the greatest for the Gixx. It snapped the gas cap ring. I'm sure there are better ones for my bike. The one on BigThumper's Busa (LaBusa.org bro!! Big Ups! Cool guy!) was perfect. I don't have any pics but I'm sure Fulltilt has a photogragh for the mount for that particular style.

That is a mantis mount... I have one that I picked up for about $80... it isn't the best, but it is stable for amature camera work....

(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 21 2006,06:53) AS far as the cameramounts go. The one I used as Kerry described wasn't the greatest for the Gixx. It snapped the gas cap ring.
Ryan, let me know what the replacement costs, when you get one.

Mr. Ninja, I've had the Kings of the Street DVD out for a while. The next installment should be done by late November, I'm hoping.

Search Google video for Kings of the Street Hayabusa for the preview

for being a preview, that was a good video. Good quality for a preview also.
beerchug.gif

Kerry got to ya before I could MrNinja. KOTS II should be pretty cool.

I'll have a small cameo appearance by yours truly.  
smile.gif

@ Kerry: did any of the footage from the Gixx camerabike workout at all? I think I followed BT and Joel on one of those runs.

Man I'd like to hit one of those sessions up....I even have my own camera mount (sportbikecamera.com model) and camera! I know exactly how the Lambo felt hitting a bird at 170+....see the post I started
smile.gif

fair warning.... however much i would like you up in the northwest florida area, i hadnt seen anything exceptionally interesting from tally-west, but you may know of something i dont. Just thought id let you know my opinion.

I've been in contact with some pretty stout cars in northern FL, so I hope there will be some worthwhile action when I'm there.

I'll be passing through Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami and possibly Orlando/Sarasota. May well need a Busa or two in each of these locations to act as a camera platform.

Anyone interested?

depending on the day Don't have a calendar in front of me to check your dates. If it is a Saturday I am free.  I live in O-town

I'm in Sarasota hit me with PM or email - will gladly help. Also friend of mine running Exotic Cycles bike shop here. Hes got fastest 1k gxer in the world and current record holder - i'll try to drag him out. Roaring Toys are in Sarasota as well, with some mad busas and zx14s

Back