Pics :front end lowering kit

B-12

Registered
Need some pics of mount for the Schnitz front end lowering kit.
Used the search but didnt find ,maybe searched wrong:whistle:

It came with a manual ,but dont exactly understand it (leeking some terms) and the pics in the manual are not the best.

I have made a complete Suzuki-like fork-tool-set ,and i am used to work on the fork. Disasembling,sealing change ,complete service is not a problem for me.

I opend the inner cartridge , means i unscewed the two parts of the cartridge. (no problem with the tools ,no need of a vise)
Dont understand the manual were to put the small tube and washer. i know it must be placed under the small spring to reduce lenght.

Anyone has a picture of it mounted with washer ?
Should i use treadlock when reasembling ,and were to put it on.

Thanks

Last edited:
think pics are better ,so i went quick in garage.

Here my actual status quo . i understand i must stil remove the main shaft.
Then ?? spacer and washer right ,or left to the spring ?

P1020667.JPG

P1020668.JPG

I purchased the same lowering kit earlier this week and have not attempted to install it yet. Are any special tools required for the installation, if so where could i get them.

I started to take it apart but it looks like it may need special tools, I got the handlebars loose and unscrewed the top of the forktubes and thats about it.

I purchased the same lowering kit earlier this week and have not attempted to install it yet. Are any special tools required for the installation, if so where could i get them.

Made this for the fork. Its like the Suzuki tool.

With this tools you wont have any traces or damage on your inner cartridge.
the cross serves to counterhold the upper tube ,and the screws in the ring have a cone to fit into the holes of the other part.
You dont need any wrench to open.
Spacers go to side of the valve.

pics of work will follow

gabel 004.jpg

gabel 005.jpg

gabel 007.jpg

Back