PICS FROM DEALS GAP & N.GEORGIA

Raising Cane

Registered
Here are a few shots from our week end in N.GEORGIA and DEAL'S GAP.
Imagestation.com closed, link removed
All these action shots were in N.GEORGIA. The ticket Gatoracer has is from our friends in Tenn. after a run up the Dragon. Nothing serious just a tag display violation. The cop wanted to write more but could not tell who in the group was speeding and passing on the double yellow.

<!--EDIT|Raising Cane
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083036515 -->

Very nice action shots, RC! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Cane - Good pics. I'm curious about how you sneaked out of the cop-stop on Sunday on the far TN side following the Overlook break? After you guys passed my VelTune truck and trailer, I saw the cop coming from behind. I flashed my lights a bunch of times at you but you must have been too far ahead to see them. Then, when I caught up, the other two bikes were stopped in front of the cop car and you were scooting along in the opposite direction almost like you didn't know them...  
smile.gif
 Did you pull off a slick maneuver or did I misread the situation?
wow.gif
Inquiring minds want to know.

Cane - Good pics. I'm curious about how you sneaked out of the cop-stop on Sunday on the far TN side following the Overlook break? After you guys passed my VelTune truck and trailer, I saw the cop coming from behind. I flashed my lights a bunch of times at you but you must have been too far ahead to see them. Then, when I caught up, the other two bikes were stopped in front of the cop car and you were scooting along in the opposite direction almost like you didn't know them...  
smile.gif
wow.gif
sounds like a stealth maneuver

smile.gif
wow.gif
War baby, It was great to meet you! I was the last one in the pack. I checked my mirror and saw him way way back with his lights on. He was so far back he could not have seen us breaking the law and no way could have a radar on us cause of the curves. Any way I slammed the breakes to get her down to the speed limit  so when he finally cought me he rode behind me for about 100 yards with only lights on. When I didn't pull over he pulled up beside me and blipped his siren and motioned for me to follow him while he went after the rest of the pack. So I  hung a uturn and hauled ass back to the hotel alone. My friends said the cop also passed them in persuit of a local on a jixxer1k who was real fast. He stopped the 1k and as my friends came uppon them the cop was on the side of the road motioning for them to pull over. They both rode past him like they didn't see him. My friend on the XX went up the road and hid behind a farmers barn and Gatoracer decided to turn around and go back to find out what the problem was from the officer. Well he found out cause after some ranting and raving the only ticket he could issue was to Gator for improper tag display. I told him anyone that wants to go back and debate with the cop should have a ticket.LOL I stopped and talked with the guy from killboy .com and he said he had some pics of all of us and of the accident scene but would not post them until he knew the condition of the rider. I emailed him and let him know that Tim was ok.

<!--EDIT|Raising Cane
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083067656 -->

10-4, hehehe... good moves on your part plus--a Blackbird behind a barn.  
ices_rofl.gif
 It was good to meet you too. BTW, I know where Sunrise is located. I lived in Ft. Myers for 23 years. Take care `til we ride again.  
smile.gif

CANE... what can I say...  You know how I like a challenge.  Bottom line is, I didn't feel the cop had anything on me/us that would warrant evasive maneuvers on my part.  I just wanted to discuss it with him.   Turns out I was right.  
biggrin.gif

PS... besides, you know me... hell I'll talk to anyone... even if I have to turn around!!

<!--EDIT|Gator
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083130118 -->

I would like to say it was good riding with you guys but i cant. As soon a the clutch was out and 1/4 mile down the road you guys were gone. I hope I step my riding skills up to that level someday. It was a hoot and I hope we can do it again I know I will be there again.

RC,
I hate I missed you guys while you were in the area. I checked Comfort Inn in Candler on Friday and Saturday night and probally just missed you. Maybe next time. Glad you guys had a blast .

Vman

Who owns the 40th Orange Busa? Who ever you are, I have the same helmet, bike and black leathers (mine are Dainese). If you have any cool pictures of yourself doing anything on your bike that looks exciting like leaning or wheelies, I could use them. No one would even know the difference unless they looked at our boots.

LOL.

Paul

CANE... what can I say...  You know how I like a challenge.  Bottom line is, I didn't feel the cop had anything on me/us that would warrant evasive maneuvers on my part.  I just wanted to discuss it with him.   Turns out I was right.  
biggrin.gif

PS... besides, you know me... hell I'll talk to anyone... even if I have to turn around!!
Gator I agree I knew he had nothing on us. That is why I hit my brakes and got her down to an allowable speed. Only way he had us is from the sky and I knew the dragon was not busy enough on sunday to warrant that. You must agree though, you having been the only one to go check with the officer and you got the only ticket. GOOOOOD COMEDY. Just glad it was a minor one.

I would like to say it was good riding with you guys but i cant. As soon a  the clutch was out and 1/4 mile down the road you guys were gone. I hope I step my riding skills up to that level someday. It was a hoot and I hope we can do it again I know I will be there again.
Hooken, It was great to meet with you also. Your bike is very nice. The most important thing is that each of us knows where our skill levels are and we don't exceed them and we live to ride another day. The thing I like is there are many different types of people and many skill levels on busa's. We all had a group to ride with this weekend no matter where it was. Some of us have raced or had track days or simply ride everyday. There was no need for anyone to try to keep pace with anyone else if they were not comfortable. See you again at the gap.

RC,
I hate I missed you guys while you were in the area. I checked Comfort Inn in Candler on Friday and Saturday night and probally just missed you. Maybe next time. Glad you guys had a blast .

Vman
VMAN, We were at days inn at exit 37 ( by the way sucked) I thought I shot you my cell # but I could be mistaken I was in touch with many people in the final days leading up to the bash. You should have ridden over to the gap and we would have rolled back with you. We took 74 over to 28 then up 28 to the dragon. 28 was a sweet ride also. Look forward to meeting you next time. I may be up there to play on Fontana lake in august. If so I will bring my bike and my jet ski. Can't miss the dragon if I'm gonna be that close. Also it may have been canton where we stayed. I did not relise there was a Canton and a Candler so close together. Some maps show one and then the other.

<!--EDIT|Raising Cane
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083257289 -->

Who owns the 40th Orange Busa?  Who ever you are, I have the same helmet, bike and black leathers (mine are Dainese).  If you have any cool pictures of yourself doing anything on your bike that looks exciting like leaning or wheelies, I could use them.  No one would even know the difference unless they looked at our boots.

LOL.

Paul
Paul that is some funny poop. I went to the races and saw several guys with the same helmet and I started wandering. There has to be some of us that have the same bike,helmet,leathers,boots.ect.ect. Clones in different parts of the country. Well if it makes you feel better, I bet when suited up your one of the best looking around. HA.HA. PS my boots are Alpinastar Biaggi replicas just in case you want to pull off the whole package.LOL Honest officer I never did 180mph in Lakeville,Minnesota.

<!--EDIT|Raising Cane
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083257553 -->

VMAN, We were at days inn at exit 37 ( by the way sucked) I thought I shot you my cell # but I could be mistaken I was in touch with many people in the final days leading up to the bash. You should have ridden over to the gap and we would have rolled back with you. We took 74 over to 28 then up 28 to the dragon. 28 was a sweet ride also. Look forward to meeting you next time. I may be up there to play on Fontana lake in august. If so I will bring my bike and my jet ski. Can't miss the dragon if I'm gonna be that close. Also it may have been canton where we stayed. I did not relise there was a Canton and a Candler so close together. Some maps show one and then the other.[/QUOTE]
DOH!!! I forgot about that one and I live here.....I was checking the one off exit 44 right below my house. Let me know, I am always ready for a ride up to that area.

Vman

That is so funny RC. My boots are Sidi so that is how people will have to tell us apart.
beerchug.gif

Back