Pickup trucks and motorcycle ramps ? How do you do that ?

Yea same here...I'll set the back tires right off the end of the driveway with the truck out in the street:laugh: and it works out well.

That vid of the rampage or whatever makes me want to put a winch in the back of my van to pull the thing in and out.

never used a ramp, but loaded alot of bikes.:thumbsup: easiest way is to park the truck in a ditch with the tailgate level with the ground. :poke:the hardest way is to have 6 guys try and pick up an electraglide up off the ground and toss it in the back of the truck.:laugh:
sometimes its best to know when to just stand back and watch the show.:laugh:

The first video you posted is what would make me nervous as heck .
Second one , Rampage lift looks great and seems to work excellent but i bet it cost a bunch .
Thanks for the info as I saw a truck last night passing me by with two in the back and was like how'd he do that .

yeah i wouldn't try that with my Busa:rofl:

i have a bi-fold atv ramp and i walk the bus up while in 1st gear running. front wheel chalk or piece of 2x4 is a must for our fenders.

After many years of pickup, finally just got a folding trailer.

Stands up in the corner of the garage. Well worth the cash as the years go buy.

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08408.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08408.jpg

never used a ramp, but loaded alot of bikes.:thumbsup: easiest way is to park the truck in a ditch with the tailgate level with the ground. :poke:the hardest way is to have 6 guys try and pick up an electraglide up off the ground and toss it in the back of the truck.:laugh:
sometimes its best to know when to just stand back and watch the show.:laugh:

I thought I was the only one to do it this way ! Find a small ditch, dip or incline in the landscape - then back the truck back into it. This gets your taligate much closer to the ground, if not on it - to load.

I thought I was the only one to do it this way ! Find a small ditch, dip or incline in the landscape - then back the truck back into it. This gets your taligate much closer to the ground, if not on it - to load.
way better than any little ramp:thumbsup:

back the truck up to a curb, lessen the angle.
or put the rear wheels in a shallow ditch. same thing, lessen the angle

oops, looks like jeff35 covered that technique

I just pick my bike up and throw it into the bed of the truck :laugh:

I like the way Ian from Redlines does it. At the spring bash, Semi and I were up in the truck to catch him and he came FLYIN up the ramp. I think he was worried about slippin on the ramp so extra speed was in order. The rain and the pond in the truck bed didnt help either, but it all worked out:thumbsup:

That was hilarious! I was up in that truck bed when he "redlined" it and launched in the bed of the truck! Shocked look on everybodies face including Ian! :rofl:

:thumbsup:The loadall ramp works great a bit pricey at 2200 but easy to use by yourself you just ride the bike up into wheel chock. i saw it at americade in lake george and ordered one

heck I don't even stop to load it, this is how I roll :laugh::laugh:

- dirt bike wreck moving truck cr250[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
idk about loading it into a truck bed... i have a pretty easy time loading it into my trailer.. using a bi-fold almost 6x4 ramp...

TIE THE *&#&#* RAMP TO THE trailer- hasn't slipped on me but i saw it happen with a quad.. it was scary..

i did watch a guy load a cbr1000 into a 4wd pick up.. using a 9 maybe 12in wide ramp.. i was scared.. really really scared for the bike.. but he lined it up and just rode it up the ramp like it was another day.. no way thats happening with the busa..

I have a nice flat bed trailer that has a ramp tail gate. But before the trailer, I tried to find a ditch, back the pu into it and used two ramps to get the bike in the bed. Just hope you have a suitable ditch handy when unloading.

Back