picking up turbo parts today a few?s

magus

Registered
which power commander do I need ( will still be running stock for a while but will be putting a turbo on by summer...

I have the option of a

t25 -$100
t3- $100
t4 - $200

I'm looking for 300hp or less (for a while {cant afford engine upgrades})

thanks for your opinions

The T25 would be up your alley.

Although Im suspect to any turbo I can buy for 1-300 bucks.

I get smoking deals on complete refurb from the factory and I couldnt touch that price.

Oh and sorry cant help with the powercommander issue. Im just learning this FI stuff myself. Im a carb guy.

the guy has a good rep with the turbo crowd at the track, he has sold to many of them. he gets them used for damn near free and takes em apart for rebuild and cleaning.

Just be carefull...............

The rebuild kits can cost almost a hundred bucks for seals and the bearing.

Cleaning and balancing a turbo isnt rocket science but it is something spinning 100-200K RPM and your 300 dollar turbo will only make a nice paper weight.

Ive been hit by a shoddy rebuild in my day. Never again. Id rather pay the money to know that it would last 70K miles with regular maintenance.

But hey, I aint hating.............if you pull it off, good on you mang!

uhh, i think you mean the PC2 and the PC3, correct? whcih one? as far as i know, the PC2 does fuel only, and the PC3 does fuel and some ignition stuff as well. i have a 2000 busa and a PC2 and NOT planning on getting the 3.

Which t25/t3/t4 any of these in the right trims and a/r's will do well for many applications and many of these will be ex diesel engine turbo's with much larger ex and smaller inlet than you would want.

You will want an ex with an a/r of .48 or 63 and visible face of the ex wheel ~47-50mm
the compressor can be a little more open but the smallest you would want is a 42 ar with a 47mm comp wheel face, and probably not larger than 54mm wheel face and ar60.
This is only a guide to be absolutely sure the id numbers or accurate measurements of the largest /smallest diameters of the wheels and a/rs of the housings would be needed

(OZBooster @ Sep. 18 2006,16:12) Which t25/t3/t4 any of these in the right trims and a/r's will do well for many applications and many of these will be ex diesel engine turbo's with much larger ex and smaller inlet than you would want.

You will want an ex with an a/r of .48 or 63 and visible face of the ex wheel ~47-50mm
the compressor can be a little more open but the smallest you would want is a 42 ar with a 47mm comp wheel face, and probably not larger than 54mm wheel face and ar60.
This is only a guide to be absolutely sure the id numbers or accurate measurements of the largest /smallest diameters of the wheels and a/rs of the housings would be needed
very well said. There's 4 different trims in T25's. 5 or 6 different trims in T3's, and T4's are more than I've bothered counting.

And thats just talking about the compressor wheel!

You need way more info about a turbo to decide if it will work for your engine AND have the characteristics that you'd be happiest with.

Back