Picking up the front of the bike with a scissor jack...

UPDATE:
So the shop calls me and says my forks are done. I'm like great, what are the damages? Mine you, I removed the forks myself and took them in to save some money. The price told to me over the phone 2 weeks ago was $105. He says, .............$225???? WTF, I say! The owner asked me who I talked to but it was always me asking a question and them going to ask somebody else...then they come back with a answer so I don't know. All I know is the first price was discussed as bringing in the bike and it being $150. So, I'm gathering they meant "per fork". So if I would have just dropped off the bike I'd be looking at a 300 something dollar bill??? He said he wanted my business and would honor the $105 but well see as I have to go to work. I've been up since 3:15 am worried about this so I KNOW it's going to be a crappy day!!!

I guess what makes me so angry is all the questions I asked and I obviously didn't get the right questions asked the right way. I was still shocked by the answer! I know what this job entails because of this site! This guy better not screw me this afternoon! In my opinion, I'm in a hard place..."they" did the work and "they" have my forks! I'll let ya know what happens tonight. Damn...I'm so pissed right now!!!

OOps, didn't see how old this thread was at first...

Bike is back together...headers are fine, forks seem fine, (and they better freaking be!), rode a couple of blocks and nothing weird happened. Next time...I do it all myself. Thanks for the help fellow Busa brothers!

99.00 in parts. I just got 2 fork seals for 24.00. If I wanted the dust covers another 30.00 or so.

Back