Picking up my new Busa in 2 hours!

Caper

Registered
Well, I've finally pulled the trigger.  After much research and consideration I've traded-in my 2000 VFR for a brand new, just out of the crate, 2003 Hayabusa!  It wasn't until I took a demo for a test drive that I could I make up my mind.  Easy decision after that.

I have 4-5 weeks of fall driving left and plan on making the most of it.  Anyone have any good break-in tips I should be aware of?

- Andrew
:newbie:

Congrats and be careful.

Break-in tips? Just the usual, be real careful until the tire mold release wears off, follow the manual guidelines on motor break-in to be safe. Some might dissagree somewhat but just do what it says and take it a little easy until you get that magic 500 and 1000 mile levels and you can't go wrong. And vary your speed, try not to ride the interstate too much, just be easy on the new girl, no hard starts, no wheelies, etc. A little care now will ensure a long life later.

Right on Caper !! Hey you live in Calgary too - cool !! MMMM nothing beats a new bike !!

Where did you buy it ? I got mine @ Blackfoot

Hey banditoo! Picked mine up at Blackfoot as well. That's also where I bought my VFR a few years ago. They really went the extra mile. My sales guy went with me on the demo. He road his ZX-12R and I took the Busa. I tried the ZX-12 for about 10 minutes but wanted the Busa back right away ;-)

Like EAKbusa says, I'm just going to take it easy for the first 1,000 kms, follow the manual for break-in, and get used to the weight and power. Hopefully early next summer take it south for a road trip!

Probably see ya in Bragg Creek. I'll be the guy on the new Busa with the big SMILE! Life is great.

- Andrew

Right on !!! What colour did you get ? Do you want to find people to ride with ? Check us out at http://www.groundpilots.com , we have over 500 sportbike members - come on board, have a look around and sign up - tons of GREAT info on our site.

AHHHHH, It's a Canadian Invasion... :D

Tell you all what though, right around November you all can ship me your rides, for a small fee I will babysit them and keep them in good working order all winter...You know keep them clean and exercised. Hey, what can I say, I am just a generous guy... ;)

Welcome to the Board and congratulations...

Tell you all what though, right around November you all can ship me your rides, for a small fee I will babysit them and keep them in good working order all winter...You know keep them clean and exercised.  Hey, what can I say, I am just a generous guy... ;)

I'm jealous Rev!!! My wife and I want to move to the Pensacola area......I'm just waiting on a transfer with my job. How much do you want to ship my bike down with my a$$ on it.....I'd be more than happy to soak in the sunshine along with my baby!

Congrats on the new bike Caper! Treat her right and she'll do right by you......but.......treat her wrong and she's extremely unforgiving. Show us pics when you get her!

Later!

Here's yer break-in tips. Has always worked for me with my hot rod cars and other toys. The ones I babied always ended up puffin' a little smoke through the exhaust. The ones I broke in similar to the info at this link always ran cleaner and ran very strong. It's up to you, though. It's yer toy. Play with it however you like. :cool: Break-in Tips

I'm jealous Rev!!!  My wife and I want to move to the Pensacola area......I'm just waiting on a transfer with my job. How much do you want to ship my bike down with my a$$ on it.....I'd be more than happy to soak in the sunshine along with my baby!

Congrats on the new bike Caper! Treat her right and she'll do right by you......but.......treat her wrong and she's extremely unforgiving.  Show us pics when you get her!

Later!
When you get to Pensacola let me know...I am 1 hr. east(Destin) and have some good roads for around this area to ride. Oct./March is the best time to ride...not hot and not as many tourists on the road!!!

Tell you all what though, right around November you all can ship me your rides, for a small fee I will babysit them and keep them in good working order all winter...You know keep them clean and exercised. Hey, what can I say, I am just a generous guy... ;)

Yeah thanks for reminding us that winter is coming !!! :mad:

Although here in Calgary we have something called chinooks, (in the middle of winter warm air flows over the mountains and melts all the snow away) The temperature can jump up 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit or more within hours. I can pretty well ride every month of the year here :cool:

I think Colorado and Montana have chinooks too.

Congrats Caper. You'll love the bike. And who says it can't be ridden in the winter. Of course, you being north of the border you may encounter some winter weather that the rest of us only read about.

Back