Picking up an 04 Limited this weekend

goalie31

Registered
Getting my first Busa this weekend, an 04 Limited with 7000 miles. Just sold my VFR800. The bike will reside in my garage with my 03 TLR. The bike is stock. What essential mods should I start with?

Bill

Welcome to the oRg. Pictures would help us help you! Glad you found us.

It's red. I guess my question is a general one. One of the first things i did to the TL was to install an auto TRE and ditched the stock windscreen. I could barely see my gauge cluster. If I remember correctly the busa also needs a TRE to defeat the factory limits. I'm not looking to race it or anything. It will be my daily driver weather permitting and my mid distance ride to road america and the indy gp next year. The TL's riding position doesn't favor long rides (for me anyway).

Drove it home yesterday. Goofy senario though. I thought I had a deal on the 04. I called up the seller after a couple of failed attempts at getting an email response. Turns out they sold the bike 2 days ago. So i figured I would just wait until something popped up during the winter and get one then. So did a random search on Craigslist and saw a mildly modified 04 for 6K with 5K miles. Went and looked at it and the only drawback was that the thing was dirty. $5500 later I'm on the road. Git it home at 10:30 last night and started to clean it up some. Put the Jardine bolt on this morning. Bought those 3 days ago from Motosport for $214.00 shipped. They sent out an email hawking an 80% off sale do I figured what the heck and bought them. I could always sell them later if I bought a gen 2 bike. The only thing about it that bothers me is that the guy installed LED signal and they blink about rapidly. How can I fix this?

Congratulations on your new bike goalie31, and welcome to the org.
I have heard of that issue regarding the LED flashing rapidly, but do not recall the fix...(I want to say it was due to having regular bulb on the same circuit, but I really don`t know), if you don`t get an answer in this thread, just ask the question in a new one, as I`m sure someone can help...if they see the question.

They make a modual that fixes that.It plugs in.It balances the voltage so its equal or whatever.Welcome to the org and let the mods begin.

Bike001.jpg
Did I say that I love this thing? I think I went into the garage 3 times today just to look at it.

Back