Picking Up A New Old Stock '15 'busa In Blue Tomorrow....

justinreagin

Registered
So, a decade has passed since I lost my '00 Busa in my divorce, then got creamed in the recession and back to school for a new career. Killed myself the last couple years to get the student debt paid off in 2.5 years instead of 10, and now it's time... I'm going in tomorrow afternoon and getting a Gen 2 Hayabusa in blue and silver finish. Haven't been on a bike since my last one all those years ago. I'm pretty damned excited!

Well done you in turning things around and getting on with it , you certainly are reaping your hard earned rewards :thumbsup:

Good for you :) I almost got a 15 blue n silver then saw my brothers 15 black . I bought a new left over 14 in black . Didnt sleep for 6 months lol till I brought it home .

:welcome: to the board and congrats on the new ride :beerchug:

many of us have been through that story in the past, good for you that you kept the priorities straight and are getting ready to enjoy some good times!

Well, what was supposed to be a Sunny day before the rain hit late tonight turned into rain 12 miles into my 70 miles ride home. 55 and windy and rainy sucks! But, she is home. I can tell a difference in my body between my 24-25 year old self and my 40 year old self riding one of these. I'm more cautious, and it's harder on the body. Probably have to look into some risers for long days on it. Open to suggestions. Here is quick clip I took after getting back to town!
th_Video.mp4.jpg

New bike, new riding position, new tires and in the rain. You will remember that 70 miles for a while. Great looking scoot, congratulations :thumbsup:

Rained when I picked mine up to...
20140606_134520.jpg

Rained 16 of 21 days starting the day got my 08 Busa. And, my car broke down the day before, and I chased electrical gremlins for 3 weeks. So yeah, rode Busa to work every day, 52 mile round trip.
20's and freezing rain when I got my B-King.
In the teens and rain for first week when I got my gsxr1k
Snowing and ice on the roads when I road my ZX7 Ninja home.
Rained for 2 weeks when I got an old 360 Honda years back.
Seems to be a pattern.
Good thing rain doesn't bother me, lol.
I'm running out of cold weather to buy my next 1k...I gotta hurry up!

Nice color Busa too, welcome to the org, and back to riding!

Congrats! Nice looking bike.
Heli bars and buell pegs, and a throttlemeister changed mine completely for long rides. Must haves...well, that and a bluetooth helmet!
Troy

Back