Picking up a GSXR600 tonight!!!

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
friend. A good friend, and employee, of mine is getting his first bike tonight. It is a 2001 GSXR600 that is decked out. It has a Yosh slip-on, PCIIIr, K&N, carbon fiber front fender and rear hugger, braided brake lines, Racetech fork springs, LP 360 pegs, and much more, with only 5k miles. The guy also threw in a new Aria quantum F helmet with a killer graphic design that matches the bike... all this for $5k!!!

So, I get the wonderful task of picking this baby Busa up and riding it home. My buddy is going to store it at my house until he completes the motorcycle safety course the first weekend in January...

I hope he leaves the keys in case I have to move it.

Hey Doc, are you a real DR ?because thats one hell of a first bike.Tell him goodluck with it and be safe with that wheeelie machine.

My buddy is going to store it at my house until he completes the motorcycle safety course the first weekend in January...[/QUOTE]
Is this the what he is really doing or is it just an excuse until he finds a way to break it to the family
laugh.gif
Just kidding glad to see that he is taking the course. On of these days I might take that course also.

You know... being a more experienced rider you should most definatly take his 600 out just to "check it out" and "make sure everything feels right" and etc.

haha
jump9.gif

That's right you would not want an inexperienced rider have something go wrong ! So you should take it out and blow the carbs out on her. Lol!
laugh.gif

YES! I just got the call guys. I am heading over to pick it up NOW.

As far as blowing out the carbs... it is Fuel Injected!!! But, I can imagine hitting that 14,500 RPM rev limiter a few times to "clear the carbon out"....

Wish me luck!!!

Doc

ps. I am a Ph.D., not M.D., so I can only philosophically help him out... and my philosophy is "let me test it out to make sure there are no bugs"...

Zoom Zooom!

fireskull.gif
idea.gif
fireskull.gif

fireskull.gif

As far as blowing out the carbs...   it is Fuel Injected!!!    But, I can imagine hitting that 14,500 RPM rev limiter a few times to "clear the carbon out"....

Wish me luck!!!
Enjoy it.. I'm sure he will be more than happy to let you play with it a little.

Good luck!

zoom zoom indeed

You know Doc .. a really good friend would take that bike out for a real good shake down. Like JWC said just to make sure everything held together and felt right.. Heck it might even require a couple of runs. One can never be to careful

I rode the 600 last night. What a dog! At least under 10k RPM... However, it felt SO nimble. I loved that feel. I think it would be fun to have one of each! Also, I really need to get it above 10k for a "thorough evaluation". I think that may happen tonight!

I will post pictures later...

Chow

Yes some pics would be nice. Especially a pic of the garage, where are you going to put it?
biggrin.gif

Back