Picked up my new best friend today.

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
Well I checked the internet this morning and saw no changes to the 2004, which for me was good news because it meant the wait was over!!!!  I called the dealer and told them to prep it up.  Put about 100 miles on it today.  UNREAL!  This thing is such a rocket (I've been riding a 600-although I’ve had bigger bikes in the past gpz1100 etc.).  I can't wait to get it broke in a little.  I'll take some pictures of it by the beach here soon.   :bounce:  :beerchug:  :super:  :super:  :super:

Two things I noticed on the first day - I looked at the gas gauge at about 50 miles and it was almost half gone!  Wow.  Second, it's pretty stinky!  That new bike smell isn't exactly like a new car smell :D
Oh yeah, did I mention it's fast?  I mean REALLY fast  :devil:

It's still measured in miles per gallon, the miles just go by faster. I noticed mine got better after it broke in a little.

congrats on the new cycle. hope ya did good on price waiting !get used to the rocket before ya really let her rip .cause freegin things really get sick after 8 k rpm

Congrats! Like the others said, get used to the big dumb grin. It doesn't seem to fade, at least not in the first two months of ownership. :D

What color did you get? And hurry up with those pics! :cool:

Awesome man!

I did the same thing... I am rolling on the 99 I found, no need to wait on the 04 any longer..

Congrats on the new busa!

Congratulations to you all that just acquired your new toys... I am glad that there isn't a new model just yet... No need to update! ;)

Congrats on the new bike. I have had mine about a month now, have not even begun to test the bike yet.
I will tell you this. I have been riding for about 20 years now and this bike has totally renewed my excitement for riding. I have even been getting up early on Saturday to ride.
Enjoy the smile:D :D :D :D :D

Hi all -
Thanks for the congrats! I changed the oil this morning after the first 100 miles and was glad I did the oil LOOKED pretty dirty. Well after 5 hours of riding this morning I'm heading out to the garage with hair dryer and goo gone to remove those ugly stickers. I need a short break before heading out again. The gas mileage was much better today! :drink:

the initial oil is pretty thin, so changing it was a good idea. Congrats on the new busa!!!!

Hi all -
Thanks for the congrats!  I changed the oil this morning after the first 100 miles and was glad I did the oil LOOKED pretty dirty.  Well after 5 hours of riding this morning I'm heading out to the garage with hair dryer and goo gone to remove those ugly stickers.  I need a short break before heading out again.  The gas mileage was much better today!     :drink:
Good goin'! I changed the oil outta mine at around 120 miles and was glad I did. That oil looked like *CRAP*. Had plenty of break-in metal sludge in it as well.

You'll love how clean it looks with the stickers gone. Hey, you also need to snatch the reflectors off. That *REALLY* cleans the lines of the busa up and raises it a notch or so in class and style. Those things are cheap garbage! Here's a before and after to show you what I mean...

Before...

After...

I agree with BT, but please trim that mud flap too. Here's how:

1) Remove the license plate.
2) Use a pencil to sketch where you want to cut.
3) Use a hand jig saw to roughly cut near the sketch line
4) Clean it up with some sand paper.
5) Re-mount the plate

And viola! A much better looking machine and far cheaper than a custom undertail and new rear signals. In fact you can also (or at a later date) cut it even further and mount smaller rear signals if you want. Lots of options there.

Congrats either way! Be careful.

Back