Picked up a new summer time daily driver today!

Be cautious!

Those liter bikes often end up as your "Favorite" bike!

It's actually more roomy than I thought it was going to be, but definitely much smaller than the Busa. I rode my Busa for the first time since I bought the 1000 a couple days ago. Felt like I was riding the Titanic. The 1000 feels like a toy by comparison.

Awesome! You picked the bike that can do everything that the Busa can't.

Yup, that was the idea. Between my DR650SE, GSXR 1000 and Hayabusa, I now have the Suzuki trifecta! Between those 3 bikes, I pretty much have all the bases covered. :-D

UPDATE:

So, as much as I hate to say it, I actually enjoy riding the 1000 more than the Busa. ???

The thing takes so little effort to ride, it's ridiculous. My Busa is quicker in a straight line, but the 1000 does EVERYTHING quickly. It stops, goes and turns quickly. It takes no effort to ride whatsoever. Riding the 1000 feels very natural. It seems all you have to do to change direction is look in the direction you want to go and the bike goes there. It's ridiculously flickable and stops on a dime. In fact, it's stops frighteningly quickly. It's nearly put me over the bars a few times without me even coming close to mashing on the brakes. If you don't have the visor down on your helmet when you jump on the front brake, your eyeballs will end up on the windscreen!:laugh:

I'm not a big guy (about 5' 8" and 150-155lbs), so the GSXR fits me very well. I took the Busa out tonight for the first time in a week or so and it felt HUGE. Coming off the 1000 and onto the Busa, you really get a feel for how big the Busa actually is. Even though the Busa is lower than the 1K, it feels long, wide and heavy compared to the liter bike. Cumbersome is the term that comes to mind.

The one big drawback to the GSXR is because it handles, goes and stops so well and feels so damn light on it's feel, it makes you want to ride it like a friggin hooligan! You have to have your self control set on MAX before you throw a leg over the thing.:laugh:

only bike i would really trade the busa for is a newer GSXR1000 literally...hmmm i just keep thinking....

New GSXR...
lower pegs
heli bars/risers..

same power....less weight..better ergos.. mmmm

UPDATE:

So, as much as I hate to say it, I actually enjoy riding the 1000 more than the Busa. ???

The thing takes so little effort to ride, it's ridiculous. My Busa is quicker in a straight line, but the 1000 does EVERYTHING quickly. It stops, goes and turns quickly. It takes no effort to ride whatsoever. Riding the 1000 feels very natural. It seems all you have to do to change direction is look in the direction you want to go and the bike goes there. It's ridiculously flickable and stops on a dime. In fact, it's stops frighteningly quickly. It's nearly put me over the bars a few times without me even coming close to mashing on the brakes. If you don't have the visor down on your helmet when you jump on the front brake, your eyeballs will end up on the windscreen!:laugh:

I'm not a big guy (about 5' 8" and 150-155lbs), so the GSXR fits me very well. I took the Busa out tonight for the first time in a week or so and it felt HUGE. Coming off the 1000 and onto the Busa, you really get a feel for how big the Busa actually is. Even though the Busa is lower than the 1K, it feels long, wide and heavy compared to the liter bike. Cumbersome is the term that comes to mind.

The one big drawback to the GSXR is because it handles, goes and stops so well and feels so damn light on it's feel, it makes you want to ride it like a friggin hooligan! You have to have your self control set on MAX before you throw a leg over the thing.:laugh:

Lookin to get yourself banned with all that talk :laugh:

Can't beat those liter bikes for some good ol fun!

UPDATE:

I totally understand how you feel and what you're saying since I've had several 1000's. The bike is just plain NASTY! It's a beast and if you've never ridden one do yourself a favor and go ride one. As funny as this may sound I actually got a Busa to slow down if you know what I mean. Since I've had my Busa I haven't done nor attempted to do a wheelie or act like a fool...like I did so many times on the 1000, the bike "makes you" act a fool! It's like it's a demon I side of it.

The 1000 IS Suzuki's weapon of choice, it IS the superior bike and people can debate and disagree with that all you want but it is what it is. It gets the most and latest R&D, yada yada yada...

My best friend has an 07 1000 with CNC'd heads, 1070 kit, cam and tune and I was riding it yesterday...the bike is NASTY! With all that being said I'd NEVER get ride if my Busa for one. He's actually going to sell his 1000 and get a Busa cause he loves the overall feel of my Busa.

Sweet ride for sure! I see tickets in your future...:) The biggest difference aside from the obvious weight is the braking ability. With the weight loss comes much better braking.

Get that thing on a track and she'll show you what she can really do!

only bike i would really trade the busa for is a newer GSXR1000 literally...hmmm i just keep thinking....

New GSXR...
lower pegs
heli bars/risers..

same power....less weight..better ergos.. mmmm

More vibration, less fuel range, horrible seat, more challenging in the wind, no real luggage capacity, and I'm totally not understanding where you think there are better ergos on a Gsxr 1000 than your busa...

I miss my '05 1000 until I ride for a 500 mile day. Then I don't ever want to get another one.

UPDATE:

It all makes sense now. I'm twice your size so it wouldn't be a good fit for me but its an awesome bike. :thumbsup:

Bigger guys will definitely find the Busa more comfy, at least on longer rides. That shouldn't be a surprise as the GSXR is basically a race bike with lights and mirrors. Riding aggressively, the GSXR is by far the nicer bike to be on. The bike BEGS to be ridden hard.

I find myself giggling like a little kid when I'm on the thing. Its just so friggin fun to ride!

Back