Picked up a Motocross Bike

Busa_Nick

Registered
Never realized how much fun these bikes are, its a 2 stroke 2003 Suzuki RM125, lots of fun going through trails in the woods, taking jumps, and of course popping wheelies with ease. Powerful dirt bike! Glad I scooped this up! Its cool to have somethin to ride where you dont gotta worry if it gets dirty, scratched up, or even dropped. I guess the only thing that sucks is that I gotta mix racing oil with the gasoline 32:1, but shouldn't be too annoying if I fill up a 5 gallon jug and mix.

3885637935_9af5138c03.jpg

3886434542_aec12d19da.jpg

Last edited:
The first time I drove one, I was like woah, this is so different then any bike i've been on, but then I gradually got used to it, its amazing how well they handle on any terrain. I live way out in the country, lots of grass, dirt roads, trails, and so forth, so its real fun if you got places to go on these. I believe the top speed is about 65mph but seems faster, I know the dude I got this dirt bike from sup'd it up alittle, its more like a race bike. Hopefully I can find a local track to take it on in Spotsylvania, VA - Now that would be fun!!! Take it easy!

Last edited:
my last dirt bike was an suzuki rm465 2 stroke...let me tell ya that son of a bi@@ would send up a rooster tail 35 feet high and 15 feet behind me everytime i gave it gas...would climb a hill that was 90 degress straight up if you could actually stay on that way with traction...man i miss that bike , let me tell ya the busa is easy to handle compared to that beast

iv got a cr250r two stroke, its a blast! i mix my gas 50:1. anytime i get a little gutsy on it, it quickly slaps me into next week :laugh:
check with your local bike shop and see if you can get a ratio-rite mixing cup. it makes mixing a breeze. and using a really good mixing oil will cut down on fouled plugs, i prefer motul.

Last edited:
iv got a cr250r two stroke, its a blast! i mix my gas 50:1. anytime i get a little gutsy on it, it quickly slaps me into next week :laugh:
check with your local bike shop and see if you can get a ratio-rite mixing cup. it makes mixing a breeze. and using a really good mixing oil will cut down on fouled plugs, i prefer motul.

I got a ratio cup for a few dollars at the local bike shop already, I figured it would come in handy. It comes out to be 4 ounces of race oil per gallon (castor 927), just like the previous owner said he mixed. The bike does real good on gas, so I mixed up 5 gallons earlier, should last all month. These things are alot of fun, I wish I would've gotten into it earlier in life (riding dirt bikes).

my last dirt bike was an suzuki rm465 2 stroke...let me tell ya that son of a bi@@ would send up a rooster tail 35 feet high and 15 feet behind me everytime i gave it gas...would climb a hill that was 90 degress straight up if you could actually stay on that way with traction...man i miss that bike , let me tell ya the busa is easy to handle compared to that beast

Well the RM125 seems real quick, so I couldn't even imagine a RM465, I do know the previous owner of this bike did alot to it, its got some serious throttle response, and so far I've easily done power wheelies in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. Clutching it up on this bike is easy too, but I don't feel as comfortable clutching it up on this bike, but I have yet to take a spill (knock on wood).

Going to actually make a small track on the property here near the woods, I got about 3 acres not being used for anything, but theres alot of trees... going to need to grind down a few stumps too, would not be pretty to nail one of those, thats my worst fear is nailing a tree head on, so I am going to plot out a track, remove all the trees in the way, and go from there.

So I should have a home track setup within a week or so, gonna rent a dozer and borrow a small cat from a neighbor, anyone know anything about making dirt bike jumps? I was going to add a few, not seriously big ones, just small/medium ones for now.

Last edited:
I rode a dirt bike once... Off a jump, over a creek and into a tree. My friend who owned the bike wouldnt let me ride again:banghead:

One of my buddies down the road brought over his little honda 1994 100cc dirt bike, told me I could take it out whenever, as long as he could keep it garaged here for the time being, so I told him no prob. his bike is actually alot smaller then the one I bought, but it was fun to ride and I got the hang of it right away, so I decided to scoop one up for myself. Of course I wanted something that sits up alot higher and goes faster, etc. so I foundone on craigslist for $1100. Can't even begin to explain how much fun these bikes are, I think I like them so much because you can basically take them anywhere except on the streets, but thats not a prob. out here, nothing but dirt roads and trails all over the place that I never even knew existed.

Last edited:
I rode a dirt bike once... Off a jump, over a creek and into a tree. My friend who owned the bike wouldnt let me ride again:banghead:

You didn't get hurt did ya? I worry most about trees, but the bike is easy to control, I plan on making a few jumps where no trees are in the way especially when you land. There is tons of trees out here I just need to design a course where they aren't obstacles. I already know I am going to have to takeout quite a few trees and stumps, but will be worth it when im done.

Last edited:
Heres a pic with my 08 busa in it, well rear-view:

3909183016_80acf1c9a0.jpg

3909182322_c7b0f194bf.jpg

You guys dig my garage I can fit like 8 cars in there total. But what is really
awesome is whats above the garage, a bar / game room.

Last edited:
for your jumps. ect...get some of those blue 55 gallon cans(the plastic ones) then dump dirt over them and you have perfect ramp every time....make 4 or 5 in a row and you have moguls, for your corners, you can dig out the inside of the turn 1 foot deep or so and let the bikes rear tire dig out the rest of the berm when you ride it...but it don't sling as much dirt around if you dig out rather then build up, and will be much stronger...when you use those 55 gal drums bury them half way then use dirt on top..other wise you will be jumping 35 feet in the air like Travis Pastrona only without the nice soft landing:whistle: for the trees that end up near you could wrap them with some good old used bed mattresses...that will save you head anyway...neighbors wont like the look much but hey who cares

Last edited:
Thats awesome man, thanks. I am going to try that out, I got alot of trees and stumps to worry about first though but it will all come together. Yeah, not really trying to jump 35feet in the air yet, not quite on that skill level of jumping, it will take some time and practice for sure.

neighbors wont like the look much but hey who cares

Lucky for me there is no neighbors, just trees.

You can kinda see by this pic:

33441490011_medium.jpg

33441490003_medium.jpg

Behind my 4x4 and acura I got like 3 acres there that runs up to my fence, gonna take some time to clear
out alot of those trees, but they are not massive ones, alot of small ones.

Last edited:
Be carefull, It'll slam you down and stomp on you. I know from experience. I had a 100 honda awile back and all was good till I went a little high in a turn. Well, the dirt gave way and down I went, right on my left shoulder. Still hurts at times because I to old to be playin around on dirt bikes. They are loads of fun and if I were younger, I'd have me another one. Good Luck and be safe.:thumbsup:

I can see why I have to keep giving this bike alittle gas to idle it, the previous owner had it setup so that if he came off the bike it would shut off.

Back