Picked up 08 Black B-King

VelvetJones

Registered
I picked up my new 08 black/black B-King yesterday. I have put about 55 miles on it and its a wonderful bike. Its more than happy to cruise along between 2500-4500 all day long, but if you want to get into it there is plenty of power to spare. This is my first street bike but I have had several trail bikes and have ridden many of my friends street bikes. I haven't had any problems other than the key is a little tricky to turn from off to on. It will go back to the steering lock but wont turn clockwise to on unless you wiggle it a little bit. Ill have the dealer look at that.

I'm a big boy 6'5" and 285lbs and its plenty comfortable. I dont know about longer rides yet but riding around locally for over an hour it was fine. I have been keeping it in B mode which is reduced power (70%) and a longer power curve. It doesnt pour on that power as quickly either. Even in B mode the front wheel will get light at 4500 if you dont lean up and put a little weight forward. The dealer put Two Brother Racing slip ons on it and they are freaking loud. It has a growl that everyone pays attention to. I dont see any iPod use or bluetooth phone talking on this thing. If you are lucky you can hear yourself think. I wouldnt trade it for the world though.

This bike is a ton of fun. Im glad I'm off all week so I can enjoy it and get used to riding it. Its a beast. If you are looking at one go ahead and buy it. It is more than worth what they are asking for it.

I'll try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days if I can stop riding it long enough. I'm not leaving the busa forums either. This thing is a busa I dont care what the name is. It's just a busa the way I would have made it if I were in charge. I have 2 ruptured discs in my back and 2 herniated so a Hayabusa was out of the question. Thank god they built the
B-King.

Later,
-vJ-

Congrats!

This Thread is worthless without pics though.
laugh.gif
rulez8bn.gif

Hey...it's got a 'busa engine, so, technically...you're still riding a...

Well, anyway, there's a black demo model at San Diego's HOuse of MOtorcycles (affectionately referred to by many as HoMo), on which they put 2Bros c/f exhaust. It looks and sounds sweet; gives a different appearance than the stock cans, as it should, and as it has for the 'busa.

Congrats. The BKing comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

OK OK I'll go take pics after I eat with the family. Got almost 100 miles on it now. Still comfy and still way too powerful for me. But I think I can learn to live with a monster like that underneath me, after all, its still not as scary to ride as my wife (J/K).

Oh ok nuff talk go make pics. I know, I know.

-vJ-

BTW I saw a B-king in the parking Garage at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane Yesterday anybody from the board?

Bah I took some pictures but they are all blurry. Ill have to get out there tomorrow morning and try again. Dont know why they were all jacked up like that. Maybe the bike is too fast to be photographed?

-vJ-

Back