Picked my 03 Busa up today!

Congrats on the new purchase.
My friend Bought the same color as you.  We bought 2 new 03 Busa's from Canada and have to say they are incredible.
Have a good time with it.  He removed his stickers and so did I.
Great to know what it'd look like without that side chineese symbol.
blues.gif
Doesn't really go with my tattoo "Born in the USA" thing if I were riding with a tank top on..
unclesam.gif

I do, however, kinda like it just because it's reflective. Just something different that you don't see every day.
kickass.gif

I'll sound off on the fuel consumption sub-topic here.

60 MPG is a sizable exagration. I have gotten as good as 51 by riding very conservatively and just barely speeding on the highway. Most of the time I get 42 or a bit better with a mix of highway and city riding -- less than that when I am hitting it hard.

As you run through your break-in -- keep an eye on that chain tension. I adjusted mine twice in the first 1000 miles. The next 3000+ miles have only seen three adjustments.

Congrats on the purchase!

7.  60 mpg?  Bullsh^t!  My best is approx. 35mpg. (not even close)  I'm sure it depends on your elevation in regards to sea level.  It's that whole fuel to air mixture thing...know what I mean?

Brian
Brian i ride my Busa 200 miles a day round trip to work if I keep it around 80Mph I have gotten as good as 54 mpg I usually get about 48 to 52. I can round trip work on one tank of fuel no problem.
how in the F@*K you get 54mpg the best i have ever seen was 47.4mpg and that when i am drifting behind a truck.

and for 60mpg. i am with Brian. BULLSH^T

oh by the way, Congratulations on your bike.

Definitly got the best looking colors out there

jump9.gif
kickass.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

how in the F@*K you get 54mpg the best i have ever seen was 47.4mpg and that when i am drifting behind a truck.
How can any of you get over 35? I haven't been completely highway yet.. or gone through more than a tank yet.. but my stock estimation is saying about 32mpg keeping my rpm's below 5k.

Will my mpg get better as the bike gets broken in?

Back