Picked her up this morning!

Tree

Registered
Picked her up this morning. She sure looks alot better when she is out of the showroom. Pulled all of the "required" stickers off of her and added her rear cowel. Once I get the pic's back on CD I'll post them. If I can... :hammerhead: Well I'm off... for a ride.

Later,

Steve

Congratulations on the new bike. Have fun and injoy.
aktion033.gif

Congrats bro!!! So I guess we will see you in LA on the 23rd then
biggrin.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad" :usa:

Congrats on your choice of bike...
I'm new to the board also ('02 Silver/gray). Just purchased my Busa about 2 months ago. Would like to attend one of these Busa rides with Howlin' the next time one is set up. I am from Louisiana (Lake Charles) and would really like to get close to the "Busa Family". Maybe something in Texas that I can attend??? Anyone from Texas on the board, please respond.

HiOnBusa
ernaehrung004.gif
aktion035.gif

I'd love to be there on the 23rd... Except I live in the St. Louis, MO are and 1800 miles is a little to much of a drive right now.

We went on a short hop 100 miler yesterday afternoon/evening. Great ride. Hope the St. Louis area Busa's come to Hanible with us on the 18th. We have made the ride a couple of times already, and it is definately one of the best. Well time to clean the bugs off her and get ready for another day.

Later,

Steve

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
CONGRATS TREE!!

really like the all black!!! i know you are enjoying it!!! did you have a bike before the BUSA??? man, i am so tempted to find one out my way. (cali) there are none in my area where i can even just check it out! well, ENJOY!!! be safe........

Lo-Busa

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

I'll post some pics as soon as I get them back. I started on the street in '87 on a V30 (500) Magna, in '88 I bought a CBR1000R Hurricane, I got rid of her in '90 39K and never anything but oil changes and brakes. Then I took a 10 year no bike drought. in '00 I bought a '00 CBR929rr great bike but too many vibes back through the bars. I had looked at a Yamaha FZ1 but hadn't made any decisions. We went on a 350 mile ride with the 929 and I couldn't ride for the next three days! My wrists hurt to about 2" from my elbows. The next week I got my FZ1. I sold the 929 last month. Then I started researching more about the Busa. What it would take to get my FZ1 to 160 rwhp was more than I would have to spend if I just get a Busa. I had a chance to ride Bob's (he lives about 1/2 mile from me) and that was it. I went to a dealership I swore I'd never buy from and made them an offer that I couldn't refuse. And as you know I picked her up yesterday. Loving life even more with her.

Later,

Steve

Excellent Tree....I was awed by the Busa..April O2.....Iv'e put 5k miles on and still am awed..perfect..enjoy yours and be safe....welcome to the "FAM"
ernaehrung019.gif

Hey Tree congrats on getting the bike! I also have the Midnight Busa. What are u cleaning yours with. I was using cloth baby diapers but i still get the little scratches. I guess it just may be the down side of the black. I get a lot of looks from all the other riders in the area. I have not seen another SE in the area. Good luck with the ride.
waffen036.gif
:usa:

Congrats! Nice to hear that poeple are still able to get their hands on one of those all Black '02 Busas. Keep us posted on any mods you make and enjoy!
smile.gif

Gotta love the all black...BRIAN....I didn't know you were in Texas...I thought you were in Cali with Lo. Man, I'm about 35 minutes from Austin. Hit me up on messenger and I'll give you my cell number...we hit curves in the Hill Country nearly every weekend.

before_the_ride.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to the Texas Hill Country around Kerrville. That is definitely some great motorcycle riding out there!

Keep in mind the original post is from Aug. 5. All I have done to her is lower her (front -Genmar risers- and rear -adjustables from Schnitz), and drill out the exhaust (8 1/2" holes in the center block off and 9 1/2" holes at the end cap). I have plans for an exhaust and PCIIIR this winter. I think I am going to add a second fan and switch to engine ice also. Besides that, soon to come: new helmet, Pocket PC with GPS adapter, some custome paint. Chipped the tank in 3 places when I was setting up to lower her. Dropped a galvanized screw on it. There is a local guy that is incredible with an air brush.

Winter is officially here also. We still have snow on the ground from Wednesday. It will probably be gone tomorrow though. It is suposed to be 48. I may have to break out the thermals and go for a ride.

Later,

Steve

Congrats on the Busa, be prepared for the thrills of your life. Have fun be safe, keep the rubberside down!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back