Pick up flutter

jason wynberg

Registered
Hi all,

I am a new owner to the Busa family, and I must say I am enjoying every last kilometre of it. A do have a question though. My bike is a 99 model, just clocked over 9,000 kilometres, (of which I have done 1,000). The query is this, in low rev's when I give the throttle a squirt, it has a flat spot for just a milli second then the engine sprigs to life. It's as if the fuel is cut off for the shortest tme.

Any advise wwould be greatly appreciated.
Oh, and apparently the cam recall has been completed (at least according to the stickers on the frame).

I DONT THINK ITS A FLAT SPOT THE BUSA WAS MY FIRST FI BIKE, THEY ARE TOUCHY AT THE THROTTLE AND THERES A LOT OF NEGITIVE VACUUME ON THE BUTTERFLYS AT IDLE WHEN YOU FIRST CRACK THE THROTTLE IT KINDA FEELS LIKE ALL OR NOTHING BUT AFTER A WHILE YOUR RIGHT WRIST STARTS TO SMOOTH OUT WITHOUT EVEN NOTICING, AND YOUR FLAT SPOT IS GONE. JUST RIDE THE THING AND HAVE FUN!

TRICKBUSA

Every once and a while i noticed mine would do that But I thought nothing about it.  I later had it dynoed and found out that the cam chain was put on a tooth off.  Got it fixed right, dyno tuned for the new Yosh cans and no more flat spot.  Here is the before and after dyno run.
dynorun.jpg

Back