Photos of R1 Steve's bike

Relsek

Registered
If you don't know who Steve was, he was my friend and we rode together all the time. You can catch up on these threads.

We just got his bike out from impound and it is at his daughter's house. His brother wants to fix it. It appears to not really be in that bad of condition. It will need all new farings, clip-ons and other stuff that will add up. His brother (Jim) isn't loaded so if any one has any parts that they'll part with at a reasonable price, let me know.

Here are the photos

tn_Steve_s_bike_003.jpg

Definitely does not look that bad. Wish I had some R1 stuff because I would certainly give it up for him!

Kevin,

Just read all regarding Steve. Sorry man!  Positive thoughts and prayers headed out to Steves family. Feel free to give me a holler if he needs fab work, welding or the use of any machinery, I'm in Lakeland also.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109550189 -->

Dude, I have some 04 R1 plastics I will give you, Let me get my hands on them.I think a dealer is going to give them to me, I asked for them and they said I Probably could have them. Its an insurance claim and they replaced almost all the plastic. I'll PM you as soon as I know.

Is that the frame that is dented/cracked in the first photo?
rock.gif
Yes, the local bike shop says that it can be repaired (structurally) maybe not cosmetically though. I have a friend that is good at welding aluminum, he has a tig and all.

The shifter and linkage all has to be replaced too along with the rear subframe, if that's what it's called.

Kevin

I think it would be too cool to have a ridable memorial to your friend Steve, like I said, I think I will have all the plastic you will need, and I will GIVE it to you, no sheet! I'm on vacation now,but I will be in touch with you when I get home, cool?

sad.gif
...I wish I could have offered some help! If there is something that I can do... Please do let me know Kevin. I dont have any parts of the R1.

Back