photo program for windows 10? Free.Easy to use.web download.I need one.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody have a link to a photo viewing/editing program off the net for free for Windows 10?
Trying to help a friend out. Something so easy even Mark Wahlberg could do it

Thanks, Rubb.

Cameras tend to come with decent freeware viewers and editors that may not be offered as a full download from their web sites. So if you have not done so then check your physical CDs and the CDs of family/friends who have bought decent cameras. Photoshop Elements used to come with some cameras and even old versions of this (which might be $99 today) can do all of the editing that an average person may need.

Cameras tend to come with decent freeware viewers and editors that may not be offered as a full download from their web sites. So if you have not done so then check your physical CDs and the CDs of family/friends who have bought decent cameras. Photoshop Elements used to come with some cameras and even old versions of this (which might be $99 today) can do all of the editing that an average person may need.
Gr8 idea Wannabe, but the lady in question does not have the tech savy needed for such a program. I have thousands wrapped up in my camera rig which came with the type of software you speak of. The camera she has came over on The Mayflower so that pic software may have gone the way of the DOO DOO bird,but I will still investigate your brilliant idea.
Whats it like to be all smart and shi7? :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Whats it like to be all smart and shi7? :thumbsup:
Rubb.

I know some guys who are smart, so I will ask them! I would really like to know as well! :)

Keep something in mind if you think your camera apps may be too complex: Some of the freeware out there is utterly awkward to use. Free does not necessarily mean easy, as the vendors put less effort into usability.

I have not tried the MS Store myself. How about downloading this on her PC?

I know some guys who are smart, so I will ask them! I would really like to know as well! :)

Keep something in mind if you think your camera apps may be too complex: Some of the freeware out there is utterly awkward to use. Free does not necessarily mean easy, as the vendors put less effort into usability.

I have not tried the MS Store myself. How about downloading this on her PC?

Old as fug cam but I will try. :thumbsup:
The photo's app on my PC allows simple editing like light adjustments or cropping not sure what you are trying to do.
Just simple stuff as you have suggested. My lappy with Windums 10 easily did the plug n play . Whala,photo's on her SD card could be seen and played with. Her laptop with Wd's 10...uhh NO. Go figure,
If there is a particular photo you need edited i won't mind helping at all.

You Da' man as always Stang. Thank you,but I am trying to make her little old diggy cam work/plug&play for her. It's a Panasonic DMC-FZ5 it's older than dinosaur chit. Been all over the net,no support anywhere not even from Pani...for this model. If I still had some cash flow,I would just buy her the latest and greatest Win. 10 compatible digi cam.
But I am having fun trying to make this piece of shi7 work.:banghead:

So, wait ... Your Win 10 laptop displayed the photos from her SD card no prob, but her Win 10 would not??
Most Win 10 platforms come with the legacy Paint program (mspaint.exe, usually found within c:\windows\system32) which, at the very least, should be able to open most image format files - especially if your Win laptop was able to do so...

Here's a free-n-easy:
ph.png

GIMP is the free alternative to Adobe Ps, both requiring a significant learning curve as bigoltool stated.
From within Win 10, you should be able to right-click on any of the image files on that SD card, select OPEN, and Win will give you a list of options (programs) to use to open the file. Then you can make that a default setting.

So, wait ... Your Win 10 laptop displayed the photos from her SD card no prob, but her Win 10 would not??
Most Win 10 platforms come with the legacy Paint program (mspaint.exe, usually found within c:\windows\system32) which, at the very least, should be able to open most image format files - especially if your Win laptop was able to do so...

Here's a free-n-easy:
View attachment 1618098

GIMP is the free alternative to Adobe Ps, both requiring a significant learning curve as bigoltool stated.
From within Win 10, you should be able to right-click on any of the image files on that SD card, select OPEN, and Win will give you a list of options (programs) to use to open the file. Then you can make that a default setting.
:banghead: Ya Haya,it opens with paint,just a PITA to use. Slow,not much for options,cant go pic to pic with a click like the standard win 10 viewer,unless I am doing something wrong. Whent to MS store,found Adobe....blah blah, click the download button...nothing.:banghead: Same routine on my lappy,bingo done.
I am updating windows 10 on her 'puter looking for latest drivers etc.
What in fug? My lappy is new,her's is my old one but still modern right? It has win 10 fairly new version. I searched for the version via search/win ver/....then checked that against the required version for the adobe product I want. Good to go in theory. AHHHHGGG I am 5 seconds from re-booting her lappy with my fuggin' size 11's.

Have you tried right clicking on the photo and selecting "OPEN WITH" and choosing "PHOTOS" and then clicking "ALWAYS OPEN THIS TYPE OF FILE WITH THIS PROGRAM.
U bet Stang....the 'puter has some sort of brain fart(standard issue with a Microsoft product) and won't open it with "photo's" only with "paint." Photo's is not even not even in the list of options only paint. :banghead:
A bit of google research shows reports of people that have "lost" the photo program.Gone from the start up list ,gone from programs list,fug I even whent deep looking system 32,etc, all that deep buried shi7 that you really need. 'puter still surfs p0rn so thats a bone-us.
Bill Gates can S... M. D... plus he is getting a strongly worded email.

:thumbsup: Thanks everybody...free pie for all who helped the software challenged Rubb, git 'er done.
Got the Photoshop...thingy to work,but am way more into trying the 'ware that Haya suggested. I shall go download and puruse it now...run it up the flagpole and see if it garners a salute.
Get a slice while it's hot....I'll order for us and buy...you guys just make yourselves comfortable.
Rubb.

Hi! What you describe is very strange and speaks of problems with the software or your computer's operating system. You should scan it for malware and install at least the simplest photo editor. On Windows 10, a simple photo editor is provided for viewing photos, and I can make some changes at once, like cropping and color correction. Usually, I edit a few photos in my photo editor and then select photo frames on Custom Picture Frames and Photo Printing Online | Frameshop, and I print them out. And what you describe in my opinion requires an inspection of the computer in computer service.

Last edited:
Hi! What you describe is very strange and speaks of problems with the software or your computer's operating system.
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that this post is a couple yrs old - you might not get a response (I know, you got this response, but I mean generally). Check the date of the last post in the thread - people who haven't been on the forum for a while might not reply.

And you might want to visit New Owners Forum and introduce yourself. Please include pics of your bike - even if it's not a Hayabusa. We love pics!!

Back