Phoenix,  AZ area riders

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know of any reputable bike shops in the area? I always perform my own maintenance, but I've got something going on in my tranny and I need to find a trustworthy shop to take my bike to. Other than Suzuki shops, every place seems to specialize in Harley's and customs. I need a performance bike shop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

I don't trust anybody that I have met in AZ yet. I do it all myself because, well, you know how it goes.

I would suggest giving the guys at The Helmet Center a call. Maybe they can point you in the right direction. Also, you can give AZ Trackday a call. I have found both of these businesses excellent resources.

BTW, what exactly is going on with your tranny?

I am about to start on a tranny for a local guy in the next day or so. I have done mine before too. I am a MMI graduate, although it was a long time ago. Nevertheless I can do the job if you need.

I don't trust anybody that I have met in AZ yet. I do it all myself because, well, you know how it goes.

BTW, what exactly is going on with your tranny?

Thanks for your help

Dan
Yeah, I don't normally trust anyone messing with my bike either....but..I've got to on this one. I don't do motors/transmissions.

As far as the tranny...I've got a noticible grind going from first to second and a bad harmonic vibration at around 5000-6000rpm. The vibration has gotten worse over the last couple of months as the grinding started.

Thanks for your

Glendale and Peoria...hmmmm...I'm just north of the 101, when I get my bike taken care of we need to get together and ride. Some nice roads just north of here.
race.gif

Well if you're unsure of letting someone else work on your bike I understand. That was the reason I went to MMI way back in 1991. I don't trust other people to work on my stuff either. I have also always enjoyed working on motorcycles and cars for a long time. I guess it's another form of meditation for me like riding is. Anyway if you want to meet up and talk so that it may ease your mind I would be glad to and I would also be glad to go on a ride with you after your bike woe's are taken care of. Oh I am working on a bike right now (r & r tranny) and have just pulled the motor last night if you want to come over and take a look.

Grinding and high-frequency vibes....BAD.

Pretty cool of dj3 to step up, too!

Get it fixed, and get back on the road!

i am in the same situation, I have a bent out put shaft on my busa, not to bad, i can still ride it, though someday its gonna get worse!

lurk.gif

Well if you're unsure of letting someone else work on your bike I understand.  That was the reason I went to MMI way back in 1991.  I don't trust other people to work on my stuff either.  I have also always enjoyed working on motorcycles and cars for a long time.  I guess it's another form of meditation for me like riding is.  Anyway if you want to meet up and talk so that it may ease your mind I would be glad to and I would also be glad to go on a ride with you after your bike woe's are taken care of. Oh I am working on a bike right now (r & r tranny) and have just pulled the motor last night if you want to come over and take a look.
I'm sending you a PM

Back