Phatroy down

sad.gif
Sorry To hear it bro...

sorry to hear about your bike but atleast you have a back up. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Glad you made it out ok Roy. Would not want to see a fellow NorCal rider hurt. Bob

Good to know that you are alright. By the title I thought you were literally out..
Is anything salvageable? Maybe the engine?

in an effort to be unpopular I was wondering why you didnt just stop the bike like normal, surely if there was enough space to lay it down and have it come to a halt (more or less) before it hit the Civic then there was enough time to use the brakes and pull up?

Last time I checked we used rubber tires cause they slow you down better than hard shiney plastic fairings.

Anyway shits happens, Ive certainly done worse ;)

moX

Almost a 100k and she's finally total...... You got your money's worth but most of all you got to walk away. Glad to hear the later!

PR,
Glad You are ok man.
You know this was a Kawasaki Conspiracy to keep you from the 100K.. No jus kidding.

As oblivious as we know most cagers are on the road, a couple of you have blamed the Civic in this scenarion.

Hey the car just stopped because they were turning left and had traffic coming in the opposite direction. PR looked down (not good) and then up and realized he had nowhere to go but down or likely into the back windshield.

Glad you're OK!!

Sad to hear about the bike, dam@ almost 100k miles. I haven't heard of anyone reaching that milestone, would have been
cool.gif

Yea it would have been better all around for me if I'd have been able to just stop. When I looked down I closed very fast on the vehicle, even though I was only going 45 mph. In my
mind (things went very fast), I only had two options, smash into the rear of the car or put her down. I'm sure also, I probably didn't really make a conscious decision, I probably
got scared and caused my wreck by hitting the brakes to hard. What ya gonna do, I guess I should pay better attention from now on. Thanks!

Cagers don't ou just hate em ? Glad your okay and sorry to hear about your bike .:(
Yeah, cagers are a pain in the arse. But the wreck was his fault on this ocassion. When you rear-end another vehicle it's your fault. Unless you can prove they just slammed on their brakes for no reason to cause a collision.

Sorry to hear about your bike but what matters is that you're ok to tell the tale...

I applaud you for telling the truth about the wreck because lesser people would have probably made up a story to put the blame on the cager.

...I had 99,750 miles on her.  I really thought I was going to get that illusive 100,000 miles, but I guess not.  The bike is totaled...
SOOOO close, yet, SOOOO DAMN FAR!!! I can say "damn", can't I? I'm glad you're okay. Like I said to BayaHaya that went down in Santa Monica Mountains like 2 weeks ago, 'whatever you pay paid for your riding gear, I bet in hindsight, it's worth every penny X 4...'

Glad you're okay, I like to think and butcher an old military saying, "you lived to [ride] another day'.

I might be relocating up to the Bay area for work, if all goes well. Maybe we can meet up so I can learn from your wisdom of nearly 100k on a busa?

Back