Phatroy down

Phatroy

Never Forgotten
I was on my way home from work and cruzing about 45mph on a two lane back road to my house. There was a Honda Civic just a head of me about 4 car lengths. I looked down for a second then looked back up and the Civic was dead in the water trying to make a left hand turn. There was traffic coming the opposite way. I had no place to go except down.
I put her down on the right side before I smashed into the rear of the car. My bike (2000 Red/Gray) lightly tapped the rear of the Civic leaving only a slight paint transfer. I had 99,750 miles on her. I really thought I was going to get that illusive 100,000 miles, but I guess not. The bike is totaled.
I have some rib soreness, but nothing else. I must say I was wearing all my gear and it held up nicely. Sorry to loose my bike, but luckly I have a (2005 Red/Black) in the garage that only has 10,000 miles on her right now. Something to be said for someone watching over me though. Sorry no pictures, she was too messed up for me to want to look at. I may try to go by shop to see it later before they total it out.

Glad you're ok and you are smart enough to have gear on your bod! I think you qualify for the 100k club too.

Wow - 99,750! That's the most miles I've heard of - was it the stock motor? Sorry you went down and didn't make your 100k, but at least you're still with us to post up!

Damn, That sucks almost 100K and a wreck. Glad to hear your doing fine. Hope it was insured so you can get a new one pronto.

Glad to hear your alright bro!

Man I would be tempted to go and take the tires or whatever off that thing and put em on your 05 and get that extra 250 miles out of them! Sort of like pushing it across the 100k line metaphorically speaking.

Glad you are okay after that ordeal! Those are huge numbers on your Busa! I guess if its that bad you wouldn't buy it back from them? Again, just glad that you are okay.

Glad your okay PR...sorry about the bike.

Just goes to show that just a second or two of looking away and bad things can happen fast. Not placing blame on you PR, we're all guilty of looking away for a second or two...just try and make sure you're the only one on the road if you do.

Sorry to hear about your encounter, but I'm glad you were not seriously hurt...

Thank God you're ok. Unbelievable how someone in a car wouldn't think about anyone else around them ... that's where the problem starts.

Thanks guys for the support. I lost the engine at 87,000 miles
while running high rpm's at the lake. The new engine was out
of a 2002 (only 14,000 miles when put in). The bike it's self is all of the 99,750 miles. No problems except gas filter at about 50,000 miles. Since then none. She has been the best bike I've ever owned. I hate to see her go. I could buy her back and make a street fighter out of her, but it would take a lot of time and money. With the other busa sitting in my garage most of the time my wife doesn't have much patience with me messing with a 6 year old totaled bike. So I guess I'll have to let her go. Maybe my 2005 will make the 100,000 mile mark?

Sorry for the loss of your bike. Glad you are OK. At least you have a spare in the garage, and the fastest color busa to boot!

sorry to hear about the wreck but glad you were geared up n you're ok. Hope that '05 will get you to the 100k mark
smile.gif

buy it back and part it out here lots of members need parts here and you could make a buck or two I'll start by putting dibbs on the hump and Im sure others would be intrested (seats,mirrors,motor,rims,cluster) man its all money thats just my 2 cents on the matter:)

Back