Phase II complete....PICS for your enjoyment!

Takeuon

Registered
So 10 days from my 1yr anniversary of owning Ripley I am posting up the completion of Phase II of mods that I envisioned her getting. Here is a link to PhaseI for those that are interested https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/116292-phase-i-complete-pics-you-guys-gals.html

Again keeping in mind that my overall goal was to lighten her up and take some weight off, all the while doing it to give her a unique appearance. I think I have accomplished that quite well.
Phase II consists of: Full M4 Ti exhaust system w/ ceramic coated headers & mid-pipe, custom Dyno tune & map by Greg at Hyperbike Performance Centers, BMC Race filter, flushed coolant & replaced w/ Engine Ice and put in Maxima full syn oil & filter.
Installed powder coated rear sets & passenger pegs (also painted rear master cylinder to match), mount & balance of new Dunlop Sportmax Q2's front & rear, installation of PPM fairing screens that I had powder coated to match, and installation of custom engraved FP Tactical levers.

Ok so listen, I know how many of you struggle w/ choosing an exhaust system. Lord knows I went back & forth for months! I am really happy w/ the full M4 system...the sound is amazing while not overbearing and the look of the pipe matched the theme that I am trying to keep on the bike. It was a tough decision for me. I went back & forth many times between the Tsukigi Oval SS system, the Brocks CT single sided system ,and the M4 full Ti system. Unfortunately I had to eliminate Brocks due to my budget, while the CT is indeed one of the nicest systems in the market...it's just to darn expensive! It was a close call between the Tsukigi and the M4...the M4 sits up a 'lil higher which I like the look of better and the fact they are made in the U.S. and are currently supporting some excellent AMA teams was enough to earn my business.

So many things come into play when purchasing an exhaust system, for me it boiled down to quality, budget, and looks. I truly feel that the M4 met all that criteria...for me at least.

But lets talk where I notice the biggest difference and that is from the custom tune she received and the ridiculous weight savings! I mean seriously! It is like a whole new motorcycle! She runs like a hot knife thru butter and she is much more agile and easier for me to flick thru turns now that the giant pontoons have been removed. I mean this is the bike I've been waiting awhile for now and I couldn't be more pleased!

A few thank you's:
Greg at HPC- for giving Ripley an excellent tune on the Dyno, she runs so smooth thru all the gears and with the Carrozzeria's and +2 in the rear...she pulls like a freakin' prized thoroughbred! The pricing for your work was very fair and your attention to service was enough to earn my business as a return customer for the future.
Travis at T&M Powdercoating- You do an excellent job on color matching the bikes frame color and the turn around time on your work can not be beat.
Tim at Pashnit- for his great service & wonderful Group Buys!
Jesse O (Sleeper_Red)- for his continued support and help to to see my "vision" thru for my bike while I was in Thailand. You're the best buddy!

For all of you that didn't bother to read the above and just want to see the pics (:laugh:)...here ya' go!

In the beginning:
She still looked good:
3860010898_6184645f35_b.jpg

PhaseI:
3868052653_0fb0830a76_o.jpg

PhaseII:
4482948842_6580293a88_b.jpg

4482306813_785f545ce5_b.jpg

4482939940_2b26e6c157_b.jpg

4482928012_b478f9e21f_b.jpg

4482942484_181c8b08cd_b.jpg

4482311913_07694c3847_b.jpg

4482287683_480951b959_b.jpg

Looks really good, Brian.:beerchug:

Congrats!!! I love the way she looks.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

very nice.
I like the powder coated midpipe .
Did you pc strap that holds can as well ?

Like the grips .
What kind are they ?

Where are the before and after numbers HP wise ?
You can't tease us with dyno tune , bmc filter and not give hp figs....:rulez:

How did you do tune and map ?
I don't see PC or ECU flash mentioned

Last edited:
very nice.
I like the powder coated midpipe .
Did you pc strap that holds can as well ?

Like the grips .
What kind are they ?

Where are the before and after numbers HP wise ?
You can't tease us with dyno tune , bmc filter and not give hp figs....:rulez:

How did you do tune and map ?
I don't see PC or ECU flash mentioned

Thanks there rootin' tootin' cowboy :laugh:

Umm...yeah ..the headers and mid-pipe we ceramic coated at the NC Jet Hot facility.
The strap is not powder coated...it comes that way.
The grips are Pro Grips ...can be found a lot of places...fairly common.

And it made it to post # 15 before some one asked about Dyno numbers :poke::laugh:

Sorry...I'm not going to talk Dyno numbers in this thread. I'll PM you Saiid.

Beautiful, simply Beautiful!:thumbsup:

Nice Photos too! Were those taken with a Sony Cyber shot?
I keeeel me!

Bubba

Back