Peter Pan peanut butter recall

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
If you have Peter Pan peanut butter in your house, look at the product code stamped on the top of the lid. If the first four digits of that code are "2111", you need to throw the peanut butter away. That batch has been contaminated with salmonella.

Don

PS. Our was and 4 out of the 5 people that I called had a bad jar. You can save the lid and mail it to them, (not sure of the address) and get a refund.

wow.gif
Thanks for the heads up Bro
beerchug.gif

ffffffuuuuuuu*$
I just got done eating a pbj sandwich!!! And the lid of the peanut butter starts with "2111"
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Whew, that was close.  Just bought some PB the other day and my wife LOVES Peter Pan PB, but I like the REAL PB and was doing the shopping so fortunately I bought something else.

If the salmonella doesn't kill ya', the hydrognetated oils in processed PB eventually will.

I had already eaten half my jar when I found out about this. The hardest part was throwing away the jar. I even opened it to smell it one last time before I threw it away.

I saw this in the paper this morning.... just happen to have a jar of the tainted stuff myself!

Pulled this off the link heavy provided.......

Shoppers across the country were warned to throw out jars with a product code on the lid beginning with "2111," which denotes the plant where it was made.

To get a refund, consumers should send lids and their names and addresses to ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 57078, Irvine, CA 92619-7078. For more information, call (866) 344-6970.

"Here's a $2.99 refund for your Salmonella laced peanut butter. Thank you for your business".

Reminds me of a billboard on the way to Maryland that said "Lasik. 20/20 vision or it's FREE".

Doctor: "Oh I'm sorry Mr. Smith. You're now legally blind. But the good news is that you'll get a full refund for the Lasik. You can put the money toward a red-tipped cane and a dog".

We had a jar of the bad stuff too. My son had peanutbutter sandwiches for lunch yesterday. He's fine but we threw it away anyway.

Great. Bought some Peter Pain PB first time in like 90 years, and sure enough 2111! It's almost empty now. .......... oh the pretty, pretty colors!!..... mommy? ? is that you?

The wifey called me yesterday afternoon, both our jars were in the serial # range!!!! One was half gone and I'm still standing so I guess it was ok. What the heck is happening to our food stock?

Back