PETCOCK???

Suzuki did grind off the knob on the fuel petcock. I took mine apart and found that it is fuctional. And to make mine work I took a dremel with a cutoff wheel in it and made a slit in it so I could use a screwdriver to turn it. Then I put some grease on the o-ring and reassembled it. Now instead of fuel running all over when you are trying to plug the fuel otlet you can shut it off. Works great and worth the time to do the modification.

gsxrman - good info, the little plastic plugs and a couple of clothed pins seems a bit stupid when they took the effort to make a functional part into uselessness.

I also noticed the detents at 0º and 90º, and I knew they were functional. I thought they had a special tool to turn it, but apparently I'm wrong. The manual doesn't mention anything about an electric shut-off vs vacuum diaphragm as in all bikes. I remember seeing a vacuum line for the diapraghm valve, but didn't follow it to see if it went to an electric device. It must have one of the two shut-off devices. The only problem seems to be when removing the fuel tank.

Are the petcocks on these bikes supposed to have a knob to turn them with or did the shop break mine off on the recall. I checked my shop manual and it says to use a hose pinch on both lines this seems kind of stupid! Thanks for any input.

Suzuki did that from the factory,I cant figure out why.It would be nice to have a functional petcock shut off.

Back