Personal Past Racing Stories

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
Any one want to talk about Motorcycle Racing memories... Street , Road racing , Moto Cross? Like winning a big race and not knowing you won untill one of your Bud's comes running and screaming you won you won !!!!! Priceless.
Just abit of my background... I was the 98 pound weakling in my teens....
And started MX racing bigtime at 30 years old.. Local races... up to around 125 pounds by then. :laugh: I would like to share some stories... Especially one of my early mx victories as a novice....plus many more..
Is that other Orgster going to call me Forrest Gump again... :rofl:
Please chime in and share some of your own special memories.

The only one I have is when I out ran a fully built '09 Z06. He was pushing some major boost in that car and it sounded pretty nasty! He thought he was pretty fast until I out ran him from a 40mph roll on till about a 160 with an almost bone stock 'Busa!

Who was that other orgster that called you Forrest Gump? :whistle: :laugh:

A fond memory from a race I was in was from a Lightweight Superbike race at Summit Point (aka Slippery Point :whistle:) in WVA. A very slick & quite narrow track, they have concrete slabs laid down in the middle of the turns that allow a lot better traction than the standard asphalt. Problem is the slabs don't stretch across the entire width of the track, so coming into the turns 2 or 3 abreast makes for some interesting jockeying in order to ensure you are in position to make the concrete slabs.
Approaching turn one I was running along side another guy seeing who could brake the deepest and hold our line, he ran a 'lil wide and I got pushed out of position, missed the slab and hit the hot, slippery, asphalt. Tried to to keep 'er up but ended up low siding....problem is turn one comes after the fastest part of the track off the long straight away...lowsiding at close to 100mph isn't enjoyable :shocked:
Rashed all the way thru my leathers on my right hip and dislocated my shoulder. ::9
Wanted to cry when I saw my bike. Was up and racing two weeks later...it's only money....Thanks Dad! :thumbsup:

The funniest I would say was me and Mr. Brown at the strip....

Another board member drove down from St. Louis....a good 2 hr drive.

Well completely ignorant of drag racing or riding in general....

I say this now in humor as no got hurt.....only feelings.

Well after he showed up with his map on paper taped to his gas tank.

We run a couple of times....waiting on the expert to show us how to do it.

First run....gets in the throttle WAY too much and dumps it....and then holds on to the throttle....

poor bike.

I know its horrible but it was quite funny after he left....I was honestly scared to see him ride home. He was extremely too young and enexperienced mentally.

Ouch.. a 100 mph lowside and what sounds like a wheelie over backwards.. double ouch.
Grinding all the way through your leathers...back in two weeks.. excellent.
I have had a lot of crashes...on the street but luckely all at low speed.
My biggest injury [ broken Humorous ] upper arm bone... very low speed [dirt] over the bars face first into the sand and laughed cause it didn't hurt.. little did i know out of the corner of my eye my 500CR Husky was verticle and the swingarm came down on my arm.
OH' Snap...

I remember that. And what made it worse was that he had looped the bike at St Louis a few weeks prior to that right off the line.

First run....gets in the throttle WAY too much and dumps it....and then holds on to the throttle....

poor bike.

I know its horrible but it was quite funny after he left....I was honestly scared to see him ride home. He was extremely too young and enexperienced mentally.

poor bike.

It wasn't funny then, but it's hilarious now. Even he has laughed about it. How ya doin John?

I was in a motocross race almost 30 years ago and was on a muddy rutted track but doing pretty well. I came off a jump and my rear tire caught a rut and threw my RM250 sideways and right out from underneath me. I landed face-first in the mud and looked up just in time to see my bike hit a tree sideways and almost wrap around it. Just then another rider came over the jump and couldn't avoid me, at least pulled in his clutch and coasted over the middle of my back. All he did was just mash me further into the mud! I decided at that time to get my muddy butt off the track and jumped up and ran to the sideline where I collapsed in a heap. I couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard about my bike becoming part of a pine tree. The paramedics kept asking me where it hurt and I couldn't tell them for a couple of minutes because I kept seeing my bike take one bounce on the rear wheel then mate with a tree! I ended up not being hurt which didn't amuse the paramedics at all. No lasting damage other than my bike only wanting to turn right after that, probably bent the frame 20+ degrees. I should have kept that frame, would have made a great trophy for the garage wall.

I was in a motocross race almost 30 years ago and was on a muddy rutted track but doing pretty well. I came off a jump and my rear tire caught a rut and threw my RM250 sideways and right out from underneath me. I landed face-first in the mud and looked up just in time to see my bike hit a tree sideways and almost wrap around it. Just then another rider came over the jump and couldn't avoid me, at least pulled in his clutch and coasted over the middle of my back. All he did was just mash me further into the mud! I decided at that time to get my muddy butt off the track and jumped up and ran to the sideline where I collapsed in a heap. I couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard about my bike becoming part of a pine tree. The paramedics kept asking me where it hurt and I couldn't tell them for a couple of minutes because I kept seeing my bike take one bounce on the rear wheel then mate with a tree! I ended up not being hurt which didn't amuse the paramedics at all. No lasting damage other than my bike only wanting to turn right after that, probably bent the frame 20+ degrees. I should have kept that frame, would have made a great trophy for the garage wall.

The fram would have made a good trophy for the garage wall!

Back