Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

Photo shopped....has rear signal light pods and rear signal lights on stalks...same foot peg brackets, etc....

Be awesome if it were true....but it is a unicorn

Yep, but for some ridiculous reason, Suzuki has reverted to using front And rear stalk mount signals(look at the 1k from the last few years).
I hate that. I remember being thrilled when the 05 gsxr1k came out. Integrated tail lights and front signals in the mirrors...but I guess the aftermarket lost money for a decade, and sparked the return of the garbage "retro" look with the stalk mounts.
Like I really want to buy aftermarket signals on a $20k bike.

Yep, but for some ridiculous reason, Suzuki has reverted to using front And rear stalk mount signals(look at the 1k from the last few years).
I hate that. I remember being thrilled when the 05 gsxr1k came out. Integrated tail lights and front signals in the mirrors...but I guess the aftermarket lost money for a decade, and sparked the return of the garbage "retro" look with the stalk mounts.

Maybe, but they wouldn't leave the signal light pods as they are now, they would make that part more stream-lined wouldn't they?

I want a Gen 3 to be a reality as much as anyone but I am very sceptical.

Maybe, but they wouldn't leave the signal light pods as they are now, they would make that part more stream-lined wouldn't they?

I want a Gen 3 to be a reality as much as anyone but I am very sceptical.

You would think, but who knows.
Especially after seeing the new Katana.
I'm one of the many that's underwhelmed with that thing.
Almost as bad as Kawasaki(which I've always liked) plastering the once iconic "Ninja" name on too many under performing models.
I agree on being skeptical for a gen3 Busa as well, but there was a very convincing article from Suzuki earlier this year, that it will happen.
I guess we wait and make bets in the meantime...but I'm not ready to put my money on it yet.

I want a totally Rad gen three....none of this feminized pc parts bin bullsh**t....lol

...and that goes for Kawasaki too

I like this concept better

9184995ab8228954f61.jpg

Doesn't look like too much ground clearance on the front lower fairing near the tire. Nice looking bike though...

I think the major reason for reverting to signal stalks was the cost of the mirrors with the integrated indicators. Using generic signal stalks means commonality between a number of bike platforms whereas integrated indicators have to be model-specific. Big savings when you're building hundreds-of thousand motorcycles.

There's also the cost of repair to consider... the mirrors generally take a beating when a bike is layed down so the cheaper the individual mirrors, the better for the end user. Sure the indicators usually take a hit too but if they're cheapo parts shared across many model lines, replacement cost would be much less.

I also know that weight was a big deal in designing the new Gixxer Thou so I'm sure that was a factor into their choice.

They made the Katana followers wait 13 yrs....2006 was the last year for them.

.... It was a long wait to get a bike with a 13 year old detuned engine and a very small fuel tank!

I’d been waiting for the new Kat in case it was a possible for my next bike list. I had this fanciful idea that they would use the new Gen-3 engine as they had used the Gen-2 in the B- King. Sadly not.

Back