Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

Im with @sixpack577. This is all I wear on the job and on the bikes.View attachment 1589276

Yep, same ones I always use too.
I cut those shorter when riding(scissors in swiss army knife I always carry), so the outer ends don't touch the inner helmet.
Makes the ride so much more enjoyable, as everything sounds better, and there is no deafning wind to roar in your ears that may distract you or cause you to miss something.
You can actually hear better with ear plugs when riding.:beerchug:

I’ve seen companies advertising those kits they send to people’s homes to have them make a mold of their ears to get custom headphones made, but always been afraid of them blocking too much of the outside noise.

I bought mine at bass pro and they were like $30. Mix the paste, put in ear for a short bit, remove. Easy cheesy. And they dont block everything, about as much as foamies do. I use these and also music from my bt sena and it is most awesome!
Troy

I often forget my earplugs until the wind noise is becoming annoying and then I'm having so much fun I don't want to stop and put them in.....
I'm going to have to start though...

I bought mine at bass pro and they were like $30. Mix the paste, put in ear for a short bit, remove. Easy cheesy. And they dont block everything, about as much as foamies do. I use these and also music from my bt sena and it is most awesome!
Troy
Good to know! I’ll have to look into them. Thanks for the info!

Dang it!
Everytime I see these gen 3 threads bumped I get all excited.
Only to be let down:mad:

Me in my old Suzuki Samurai back when I was a mechanic in the 80's. Those sold like crazy when they first came out. This was at Azusa Canyon.
Samari 001.jpg

Me in my old Suzuki Samurai back when I was a mechanic in the 80's. Those sold like crazy when they first came out. This was at Azusa Canyon.
View attachment 1589317
Did you follow me across the country?:lol: I grew up in Pasadena. Do you by chance remember the "cool runnings" lifted Toyota truck club? They ran up and down all the canyons around there.

Did you follow me across the country?:lol: I grew up in Pasadena. Do you by chance remember the "cool runnings" lifted Toyota truck club? They ran up and down all the canyons around there.

I stayed with my Grandmother in Pasadena off Colorado BLVD when I was 12. Lived in LA county until 14 and then moved back and forth to MI, AZ, CO, FL.

I don't remember that club but used to go to Azusa Canyon every weekend before curfew's and the no alcohol policies. Sometimes Big Bear too. That was my 92 red jeep below.

008.jpg

See it as a example , Young Machine Japan Magazine
Put a picture on there cover a
44770222_2331231646905076_3586063036621783040_n.jpg

002_IMG_8868a.jpg

23331072_1880518978643014_4820131400316927949_o.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

art impresion from a Katana in 2017
pic1

on diff pics you can see the proto type and real one .

BEST WE CAN DO IS SEE WHEN THE NEW GEN3 BUSA IS ON FRONT PAGE YOUNG MACHINE MAGAZINE

I think you will be waiting a long time for that...the question we have to ask ourselves is what does Suzuki have to gain by making a new Hayabusa. Unless they boost it and make it much lighter, it would not be any competition for the current liter bikes especially the H2. You will probably see Kawasaki drop the ZX14 also.

Honda saw this a long time ago when they dropped their climb to hyper bike superiority, how hard would it have been for Honda to develop the Super Blackbird to be a world class Hyperbike-it wasn't that far behind the Busa or ZX12 at the time...

The market is steering away from hyper bikes I think, maybe the motorcycle manufacturers are looking at producing E bikes...? I mean if Harley Davidson is producing a factory E bike, the others must be coming behind them to capture the market..

I hate to see the end of an era just like anybody and I love my bike but reality is a bitch.

The market is steering away from hyper bikes I think,
maybe the motorcycle manufacturers
are looking at producing E bikes . . . ?

I mean if Harley Davidson is producing a factory E bike,
the others must be coming behind them to capture the market . . .

I hate to see the end of an era just like anybody
and I love my bike but reality is a bitch .

See it as a example , Young Machine Japan Magazine
Put a picture on there cover aView attachment 1589319

View attachment 1589320

View attachment 1589321

View attachment 1589322

art impresion from a Katana in 2017
pic1

on diff pics you can see the proto type and real one .

BEST WE CAN DO IS SEE WHEN THE NEW GEN3 BUSA IS ON FRONT PAGE YOUNG MACHINE MAGAZINE
If we take we take a look at the history of the Katana, it was introduced as a superiority bike with a top speed of 220kms/hr. In 1980, it held the title as the worlds fastest until 1984, Suzuki revised the Katana in 1984 and changed the entire bike basing it on their current GSX750E bikes (I have an '86 second generation). 1987 there was no Katana but in 1988 they brought it back but it had nothing in common with the original design, and was called a "teapot" because of it's questionable shape.

Suzuki continued to water the Katana down and even brought out an 1100 sport tourer for a few years but it didn't survive, they went back to the 750 platform continuing to go farther and farther away from the original design and a loooong way from being anything near a superiority platform.

Fast forward to today and Suzuki recreated the Katana in it's original image based on an already dated platform-no superiority there..

My point-Suzuki had the fastest bike in the market, stopped it's R&D on that, switched to the GSXR line.

It then took many, many years for Suzuki to develop a superiority bike (Hayabusa) and in my opinion have gone as far as they can with it and will most likely drop it to move in another direction as per their history.

Back