Performance problem

freddie558

Registered
I have a 1999 GSX 1300 Hayabusa engine fitted to a 1959 Isetta! There are two problems which someone might be able to help me with. First, if I take it out for 20 miles or so, once it has got hot, even though the temp shows OK, it starts to lose power. If I try to accelerate it coughs and stutters and will not accelerate but it will keep going (just). When I change gear and it is in neutral the revs rise for a second and then settle. It does not do this when cold and may indicate that it is an electrical problem once the engine is hot.

Secondly, if I try to restart it when it is hot it is as if it has a flat battery and it will not turn it over but if left for a while it then starts it.

If you are interested there are a few pics at: www.freewebs.com/benjy911

Any ideas?

Sounds like a sensor is faulty in the FI system. As far as difficulty when hot, welcome to the club. Just gotta keep pecking away.
cool.gif

Mine can be difficult to start when its still hot from a ride. But I bought a high output battery that puts out 235cca and haven't had a problem since.

It works - thank you for your replies.

I read elsewhere that there were issues with the fuel injector pump and I have replaced it.

It's as good as new - the bubble is back!

Back