Performance performance performance blah blah blah

Queamore

Registered
So everyone wants the bike to go faster. Which is fine to each is own.. But are there any products out there for handeling and control. Anything for the suspension and steering.

Wheels and aftemarket suspension is really expensive if you want to do it right. Most do not go that route.

Having the correct setup / springs in the forks will be the best / first wise choice...expensive parts may be a great idea but the setup is key to make them / the bike perform well with you in the seat.

I wanna keep those tires planted to the ground and be able to take those turns. Lets forget about cost for now lets say I had a semi unlimited funds what should I get

Just learn the bike and set it up for you...entry and exit speeds are the concern for a road course...I am not expert...low siding feels better than high siding...push it a bit harder each time you get out...dial in the f /b suspension

For riding on the street, I'd guess 80-85% of getting it right is having the correct springs for your weight and riding style, then making sure everything is adjusted properly; especially your sag, then rebound and compression settings. If you want to spend money, find someone who really knows what they are doing and pay them to make sure its right for you. Tires are important, but for every tire out there someone has designed in a series of compromises, so there is no "one" best tire. You have to pick them based on your needs and riding style. Some rather dramatic improvements can be achieved addressing rebound and compression valving, with a moderate outlay of cash. Before I spent any more than that, I'd focus on improving the rider. Much more money can be spent on exotic suspension, but balance is important as well. You have to be able to accelerate and slow between the curves, so don't rule out all performance enhancements. Luck!

Here's what I did. All it takes is money.

Ohlins fork and shock with correct spring rates for my weight, set sag.

+1 raising links in the rear.

carrozzeria rims to reduce upsprung weight.

full exhaust to knock off 30 pounds or so.

Handles excellent. :laugh:

winter2013009_zpsf0fa2a66.jpg

cheers
ken

I still don't know why riders choose to try and find more power when they can't even handle what they got in the first place. Of course, if you are all about pulling someone by a length or two, more power to you. First thing to do is to increase your skill level. Too many squids out there looking bad and getting hurt. On every trackday I've ever been on, I've never been able to use the full power of my bikes to make up time in the turns, where most the time is lost. Bike set up and rider skill is much more important IMHO. The above post is a great way to go. If you want to spend less, go for 1.0 or 1.1 springs up front and set your sag for starters. The front springs are too soft and the rears are pretty close. Reducing unsprung weight is a better approach than any increase in power for handling and performance. From there on, its mostly time on the bike. Good riders smoke exotic bikes all day long at the track.

I find a 360 rear tire, stretched 18" with a jackshaft, a strut and a single disc rotor on a 18" front wheel and Avon cruiser tires do the trick.....:whistle:

I still don't know why riders choose to try and find more power when they can't even handle what they got in the first place. Of course, if you are all about pulling someone by a length or two, more power to you. First thing to do is to increase your skill level. Too many squids out there looking bad and getting hurt. On every trackday I've ever been on, I've never been able to use the full power of my bikes to make up time in the turns, where most the time is lost. Bike set up and rider skill is much more important IMHO. The above post is a great way to go. If you want to spend less, go for 1.0 or 1.1 springs up front and set your sag for starters. The front springs are too soft and the rears are pretty close. Reducing unsprung weight is a better approach than any increase in power for handling and performance. From there on, its mostly time on the bike. Good riders smoke exotic bikes all day long at the track.

Thats what im talking bout power is no good without control. Ive seen much slower cars beat fast cars on the track all the time because they can handle the corners.

PMR Components 1" raising links and Race Tech 1.1 springs (and 10w fork oil) for me. 4/1 exhaust dropped about 30lbs.

Reality is - you'll never make one of these into a liter bike. You'll spend a new liter bikes price of mods trying and can make a very nice package or just start with the right tool for the job in the first place.

My riding is mostly 2 up so my parameters are a lil different than before. My choice was make a comfortable bike fast or a fast bike comfortable.

Bike feels much better now - now I need to improve (more).

You dont need links if you buy a shock with ride height adjustment!
As for a link, here is Hard Racings site, they are one of the largest stocking dealer's for Ohlins suspension.
Ohlins Motorcycle Suspension Ohlins Shock Ohlins Cartridge Kit Great Prices
PMR Components 1" raising links and Race Tech 1.1 springs (and 10w fork oil) for me. 4/1 exhaust dropped about 30lbs.

Reality is - you'll never make one of these into a liter bike. You'll spend a new liter bikes price of mods trying and can make a very nice package or just start with the right tool for the job in the first place.

My riding is mostly 2 up so my parameters are a lil different than before. My choice was make a comfortable bike fast or a fast bike comfortable.

Bike feels much better now - now I need to improve (more).

Listed so far: PMR Components - yep, carry all that.
Bar Switches for Motorcycles - PMR Components | Pashnit Moto

GPR, yep, sell lots of those.
Buy Now: GPR V4 Sport Steering Stabilizer | Great Prices & Fast Shipping!

Ohlins - yep, steady there too.
Suzuki Öhlins Shocks for Suzuki Motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

Performance = excellent brakes + applying proper cornering techniques. Still haven't touched the motor & doin fine!

Buy Now: Galfer Brake Lines, Wave Rotors & Brake Pads, Custom Painted Galfer Rotors | Worldwide Shipping | Pashnit Moto

4208920215_0333505eec_o.jpg

Back