Performance or Appearance???

T-Rav

Registered
I'm not sure if this would fall under performance/ appearance/ or just plain comfort? :dunno:
I have a stock gen 1. I was woundering if anyone had raised there handlebars (1 in.- 2 in.) to make for a more comfortable ride. If so, is it more comfort and how much does it cost? What are some other comfort techniques????

Last edited:
there are more than a few members that have setup their bikes for long touring/comfort. I'm sure they'll chime in. There are a few different ways to raise the grips. Depending on your positioning you may also want to think about readjusting the rear sets too. It help stretch the leg out a little more.

Unless you need more room, the best way to be comfortable on busa is to build mid and lower body strengh, IMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raising the bars makes a HUGE difference on your body. I had mine at 3/4". I was skeptical at first, thinking that moving up that little wouldn't much. Boy was I wrong. You only have to change the position of your body a little bit for really noticeable benefits.

I use heli bars, and a 1 inch bar lift, buell pegs, zero gravity wind screen, and a corbin seat, and pro-grip grips.
All adds up to extra comfort, for sure

DR1300R also sells spacers to lift the bars... cheapest way I know of without a doubt..

If you bike is comfortable to ride, then that is what's important. With what is listed above you can have both!

Back