Perforated or non-perforated suits?

Chris

Registered
I live in the St. Louis area and looking at 2-piece suits for myself, the A* SP-1 and their RC-1. I was wondering, being that the weather can be pretty humid and hot, should I go with perforated or non? I read someone has a perforated one and can't ride if it's like below 65? And a non-perforated suit keeps you cooler? I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :beerchug:

Perforated, hands down. Mine isn't, and it's freakin HOT wearing gear in the summer. I live Harrisburg, IL so i know exactly what your weather is. You can always throw on an extra layer under your leathers if it's a little cold.

PERFORATED. You can always add layers when it cools off, but it's not much fun riding in the snow. For the primary riding season it will be more HOT than COLD.

P.S. Make sure you buy a set of leathers NOT TOO large, but large enough to fit some cold weather gear underneath, and, most important, if you ever intend to start doing trackdays, buy it big enough to fit a BACK PROTECTOR underneath (that was my BIG mistake)....

perforated definitely and folow sky divers advice on the back protector...BUT make sure it fits well you dont want it falling off you as it can roll on itself if you go down and offer less protection..

Perforated it is! Thank you all for the advice. :beerchug: Whoo! Means I will be able to drag race!

I mixed mine, perforated pants, solid jacket with good vents. It's hot in the Summer but works great in the Winter and since not too much air blows through the pants it's easier to keep air leaks at bay.

I would get a 2-piece perforated leather suit. That way during the summer you can just wear the jacket when it gets hot.

I have the 2 piece perforated alpine suit and it has been great. If it is a little chilly I wear a pair of under armor cold gear underneath and that usually does the trick.

Perf Suit, gloves, boots, and open helmet vents bro!

Haha, awesome! Sounds good. Also, what do you guys wear for underwear? Is there enough padding in the suit just to wear the under armour? Or should I get those padded compression shorts/pants?

Depends on the suit. Mine has padding in the right places. Folks tell me I'm on the rag most of the time so I probably need it!:rofl:

Perforated is the best choice. You can always pack a rain coat. If the temps drop put the raincoat over the leathers. It will keep the wind out and trap body heat that escapes the perforations, using it to help insulate against the cold. It's a lot cheaper than buying two suits, and easier to pack on the bike. :beerchug:

Back