people who listen while riding

Mr. Anderson

Donating Member
Registered
okay, I've recently tried listening to my mp3 player while riding. it works great but the current ear buds that came with the mp3 player are the generic ear buds, and they hurt my ears with the helmet on. is there a solution to this and where can I get a set of ear buds for riding that wont kill my ears.

much grass!

I have my headset inside the liner of the helmet. I got a $20 set and dis-assembled it, removed the cheek pieces from the helmet and inserted the speakers into the ear spaces.

Works great.... I just stuff the end into the liner when I do not listen to music. Make sure the headset cord is NOT white... Cops love those...

Sit down before you open the link. These are unreal. Great sound and comfortable. They can be had for quite a bit less than retail.

Etymotic ER-6i

ACK! I should have been sitting down!

(MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 10 2006,12:31) ACK!  I should have been sitting down!
biggrin.gif

Check out this thread

I can live with the $20 Sony's . They seem to work fine for me .

Geeez !....$100 ??

Got to Radio Shack and get a pair of the Koss head phones that plug into your ears. The work great!

If you really want to get spendy, try the Shure E4c's ($300)

Reviewers have rated them higher than the Etymotic ER-4Ps ($330).

Depends on how fussy you are about audio quality.

i used ebuds did not like one would always come lose. i want to get helmet speakers to install in the helmet

Just to drop my two cents in the bucket. I think listening to music is just as dangerous if not more than not wearing gear! Too much of a distraction

Sound quality.... While riding...
SHOCKED.gif

You are funny.... Mine have enough that I can heard the tune fairly well over the D&D's and other wind noise. If I want quality tunes, I'll either stay home or drive the cage.

I have found the answer.  Sennheiser cx-300 $21.00 on ebay.  They block sound, sound great, fit in the ear without sticking out.

Had the shure and they sounded terrible and because they stuck out killed your ears.

Do yourself a favor the Sennheisers kick butt.
beerchug.gif

I have not tried this yet......

I'm told that if you wire your helmet with speakers and then use ear plugs......all the outside noise is filtered out and the music is crystal clear. As I said....I have not tried this...nor do I know how much outside noise can still be heard. Problem is----there are still some outside sounds that you need to hear on a bike.

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 10 2006,14:48) I have not tried this yet......

I'm told that if you wire your helmet with speakers and then use ear plugs......all the outside noise is filtered out and the music is crystal clear. As I said....I have not tried this...nor do I know how much outside noise can still be heard. Problem is----there are still some outside sounds that you need to hear on a bike.
This is what I basically do with my Chatterbox. I have the headphones mounted in the ear pockets of the helmet and I then wear earplugs. Works great!

I rode like this from KC to Des Moines just this past weekend.

No wind noise...just tunes!

Used to use headphones but now I use these:
CLICK
Now my helmet slides on my noggin easier, I never have to worry about them falling out, and helmet speakers are legal in here in Florida ... headphones/earbuds aren't.

I use helmet speakers like these...Work great for me

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Motorcycle-Helmet-Speakers-Thin-Bodied-High-Vol_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ0
11QQitemZ320035542728QQrdZ1" target="_blank">cheap helmet speakers</a>

Back