People i crashed a second time this ones a deers fault too

James417

Registered
So I crashed again people smh. I'm disapointed in myself for going out and taking chance taking late night ride yes but, I hit a deer tonight and it was the worse crash for me yet. Was a beatiful day for my area in lower nys like 70 degrees. I guess the deer thought the same huh. Well I went out to visit a friend and on the way home I was on the home stretch literally my road doing about 30mph and a deer ran striaght in front of me. I hit the thing right center mass with the busa's headlight and went down. Hit left side of helmet and shoulder then slid like 10 feet. First thing was I had a bad headache and felt super confused immediately thought "are you kidding me is this real or a dream?" I seriously couldn't comprehend what just happened, once again seeing my baby on the ground busted apart. First thing i thought was ok its on ground in bad shape im starting to hurt time to call 911. Long story a bit shorter they showed up ruled out any serious signs of concussion but due to loss of memory loss and grogyness with headache they want me checked. Thankfully i was close enough to home to get it back without having to deal with a tow but still this has been a terrible experience. Hope one to remind those stubborn enough to ride out this time of year at night like I did remember deer will ruin you on 2 wheels if you collide and be it true alot of riders are much more experienced then me probably would have avoided a crash. It still can happen to you deer are very unpredictable so please everyone be safe this deer season. I sit here in pain physically and emotionally knowing my bikes pretty trashed and nauseous from hoping not a concussion and just being stressed. Thanks for reading my story of my screw up of deciding to ride late at night this time of year. So have fun but be careful please everyone I cant stress to be safe. Pics attached my helmet and poor bike

1107200043.jpg

1107200043a_HDR.jpg

1107200042.jpg

1107200043_HDR.jpg

1107200043a.jpg

Wow. Hard hit man,sorry to hear this. I'm no doctor,but i think your nauseous from a concussion. I've had lots of 'em. The nauseousness from over excitement or an adrenaline rush would have long passed. A couple of flicks of a flashlight in yer eyes and a couple questions by an' ambulance crew is not a complete test for a concussion IMO. Maybe hit the ER,they may want to keep you awake for a while,etc. Bike can be re-built,yer noggin',not-so-much-so. I'm no crash scene investigator either,altho I have seen many crashed bikes...might just be the angle,but it looks to me like your forks are bent.
Looks like a hard hit and more that a ten foot slide. The scuffing on yer lid is in 3 directions. Hit the ER,Rubb's orders,
Rubb.

Wow. Hard hit man,sorry to hear this. I'm no doctor,but i think your nauseous from a concussion. I've had lots of 'em. The nauseousness from over excitement or an adrenaline rush would have long passed. A couple of flicks of a flashlight in yer eyes and a couple questions by an' ambulance crew is not a complete test for a concussion IMO. Maybe hit the ER,they may want to keep you awake for a while,etc. Bike can be re-built,yer noggin',not-so-much-so. I'm no crash scene investigator either,altho I have seen many crashed bikes...might just be the angle,but it looks to me like your forks are bent.
Looks like a hard hit and more that a ten foot slide. The scuffing on yer lid is in 3 directions. Hit the ER,Rubb's orders,
Rubb.
Thank you much rubb I'm at the ER now waiting to,get seen they are slower then hell but the nauseous is continuing so I bet I got at least a,minor one and now my shoulder is beat hard. Yep your right though in those pics forks definitely look to have a good bend in em now so time to take the winter to really relax and rebuild her this time. But first things first i got to make sure im ok hell the bike ran so that's a start right? Lol

I work in a detention center that's by itself back in the woods and I am always worried I'm going to be jumped by one of those 4-legged bastids! We've had 3 staff crash with them in the last year and now the hogs are coming out by the roadside too...good luck with the recovery!

Thank you! And no huge kangaroos here just deer but man I imagine those things,would be a brick wall to hit like a huge deer lol looking like a very minor concussion everthing else is road rash and bruising. Bet that deer is hurting too for that choice... Lmao

Yep, the beast can be re-built....better, stronger, faster.....

But, as long as YOU are ok that is all that matters..Hayabusas are relatively cheap to pick up.

It looks as though it has Chinese fairings on it already-and they are cheap to replace,,OEM not so much.

Definitely get checked out because the damage to the bike is significant, so I can't imagine how your body feels. Glad it wasn't more serious and you are here telling us about it.

I've been in yer shoes James. Time for some MRI tube time. Maybe while yer there they can do a work up on yer shoulder too. Bad things can happen to a shoulder,its a joint that works like no other in the animal kingdom. I'm glad you listened to Dr. Rubb :laugh:
Now hold still in the tube...

cat tube.gif

Keep us up to date pls/thx,
Rubb.

Thank you everyone I really apreciate the answers. So did a whole bunch of tests at ER xrays cat scans ultrasounds and all the works. So it basically all turned back normal but it seems i have a minor concussion. Im still in the midst of recovering but i had to go pick up meds and drove past the accident scene and my god Gibb you where right. I slid alot more than 10 feet more like almost 45 feet. From where the dead (yes dead on impact) deer sits on the side of road to where me and my bike where about 45 feet. Man I'm so thankful to be alive but I had to have been knocked when i slid for few seconds because I do not remeber that slide.
This has been one of the most terrifying and unexpected experiences but to be alive is absolutely astounding. As far as bike goes I had someone start stripping the busted plastics off seems everything is straight but I dont even care about it right now. After seeing how bad that crash was coming out alive is all that matters here. But damn I can't help but say the busa drove home after killing a deer lmao these things can be tough! Time to heal up and chill out. Thank you again everyone for your replies and as i look into how salvageable she is down the road ill post some updates and hopefully she will see 2021 season! If not possible gen 1 parts bike

Glad you got all the tests,and got a good diagnosis. Keep an' eye on how your feeling emotionally too. Hard hits to the head can do funny things.Head trauma and also accidents of any kind,even little fender-benders (which yours was not) can cause odd things.
Rubb.

Easy to say , but if you walk away everything else is “ just “ stuff , fixable , replaceable , what a lot don’t realise that in Australia we have lots of moving stuff , roos are well known , emu s are not something to tangle with , Wombats are low and often slow , but are like hitting a rock , i have seen the suspension torn out of cars by them , surprisingly to many camels are in huge numbers ( they are in remote and very unpopulated areas ) but hitting one is a major disaster. we have wild horses , donkies and deer all to be avoided
your full face helment did it’s job . hope you heal quickly ,and completely

Get better and fix that bike.

Four years ago a Turkey Vulture hit my front wheel as I going around a corner at 60 mph on my Sportster.
Ended up with a broken wrist and few other broken bones and a hole in my knee as all I could see was the sky then the road, sky road sky road until I came to a stop. I picked up the bike and rode another 20 miles to home in second gear due to a broke shifter. We never had a big problem with Turkey Vultures until a Cell tower was put up and now there's over 100 Vultures roosting every night.

On my B King I've almost hit Vultures, Pigs, Rabbits, Dog's and Deer's. Now I've have taking out many Road Runner's cause they are not as fast as folks say. LOL

Get better and fix that bike.

Four years ago a Turkey Vulture hit my front wheel as I going around a corner at 60 mph on my Sportster.
Ended up with a broken wrist and few other broken bones and a hole in my knee as all I could see was the sky then the road, sky road sky road until I came to a stop. I picked up the bike and rode another 20 miles to home in second gear due to a broke shifter. We never had a big problem with Turkey Vultures until a Cell tower was put up and now there's over 100 Vultures roosting every night.

On my B King I've almost hit Vultures, Pigs, Rabbits, Dog's and Deer's. Now I've have taking out many Road Runner's cause they are not as fast as folks say. LOL
Thank you everyone! And wow that turkey vulture crash man damn that’s scary stuff! Hope you healed up well from that. I’m on the road to recovery now. actually had a bit of a scare few days ago with symptoms. Started having bad headaches and the post concussions symptoms just came down on me like a tonne of bricks so they took me back in for few days. Did all sorts of tests including mri cat scans and full neurology diagnosis to check for damage but, all came back negative. Now working with a good neurologist to help get the post concussion stuff under control. Just for anyone who maybe going through this kind of injury, these initial symptoms and feelings typically pass. Sometimes it really does feel like your loosing your mind lol. They come in waves. I have been told by multiple drs if tests come back showing no damage then it will likely pass although it’s a slow difficult process for some. I being one example of a more dragged out healing process can take few weeks hell months or more for some people. Just wanted to say in hopes this will help someone else who maybe feeling these symptoms because man this has me feeling like a zombie or high on narcotics sometimes lol. PTSD and other mental health issues definitely came up with this for me so im about to start seeing a counselor. Hopefully anyone In a similar situation is given some hope that it does get better but damn a good hit to the head can do funny things rubb you where not kidding. Now for the bike. Other than the obvious nose and plastics damage it needs a new coolant reservoir. Otherwise front end forks, frame and such are straight somehow so I’m seeing that as a huge positive. Will be a long while before I ride again but I’m not giving up she’s gonna see the 2021 season. Soon as I start getting her rebuilt I’ll definitely start a new thread and update but for now lots of brain rest they're saying...

Good to hear from you. You may know this already but they have counselors/phychiatrists for everything. Find one that specializes in the things you may need advice or help with. Everybody's brain is different and reacts in different ways. Sounds like yer doing good,making the right moves...Busa will be there when you get back to it. Just store it properly,so when you go to wake her up...she'll be less grumpy.:D
keep us up to date...:thumbsup:
Rubb.

So its been a long while but I'm almost back to full capacity lol. Very busy lately but got some cheap ebay unpainted plastics and been out on my first ride today. Cheap white ebay unpainted plastics are not pretty by any means and fitment about the same as any cheap chinesiums lol. But they work and fit pretty well, likely because gen 1 busa plastics are pretty simple compared to alot of bikes. Main issue is side fairings tend to come with broke tabs due to shipping. But for 270 bucks and just some paint at some point not too bad and honestly I'm just happy she still runs and rides after such a gnarly hit with that deer. Anyways other than some cognitive issues here or there from the hit to head things getting better and riding weather is around the corner for us colder climate folks. Be careful all and enjoy the ride!

Back