Pentagon: U.S. crew in control of hijacked ship

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I guess it still isnt a good idea to screw with Americans.

I was reading that a crew retaking a ship from pirates either never happens or very rarely happens.

It is believed this is the first case of American sailors being hijacked in 200 years. And guess what? The american sailors re-took the ship and took one pirate in custody and it looks like the rest are on the ocean.

:laugh:

Hope it continues to turn out well. fricken pirates. argh!!!

Pentagon: U.S. crew in control of hijacked ship - Somalia- msnbc.com

Last edited:
Heard this morning that it was hijacked, but now story has changed.

Heard this as well. Details are sketchy, but supposely 1 pirate did get on board at some point.

Last edited:
Here's three of the captured pirates:laugh:

Pirates.jpg

Hello.... back to the topic....

It's great to see that the U.S. sailors took control of the situation and turned it around. It's about time someone did.

All good but they forgot one thing, teir Captain the Capatain is still being held.

Perhaps this will finally knock some sense into the powers-that-be. Allow the ships to arm themselves for defensive purposes and/or hire small paramilitary groups to ride along.

All good but they forgot one thing, teir Captain the Capatain is still being held.
Last I heard they still had the Captain. So that's no good. But I also read that the military is going to respond to it. Since this one was an American ship and an American has been taken hostage.

This is sadly what had to happen for us to really go in and lay the smack down on them. Hopefully our military guys get a chance to stomp some pirate arse :beerchug:

Perhaps this will finally knock some sense into the powers-that-be. Allow the ships to arm themselves for defensive purposes and/or hire small paramilitary groups to ride along.

I think the losses (and insurance premiums) are going to need to increase before shipping companies spend the extra dollars necessary to reduce their losses from piracy.

Realistically the crew of a ship in a part of the world most Americans couldn't locate on a globe doesn't have enough value from a p.r. perspective to force shipping companies to get serious about security.

We have bombed people for less " Tomohawks away" don't forget to paint the jolly roger on all of them.

Amazing that the crew was apparently unarmed. Yup, rely on their mercy. Right.

Well they do apparently have fire hoses with which to squirt the boarders off the stern. Take that you nasty pirates!

I'm trying to visualize the watergun Vs. RPG/AK battle. HIDE in safe rooms?Oh yeah, they're Americans with anti pirate training no less. How PC. Was someone not paying attention in class? Sounds like another feel good response we Americans are known for.

Hijack a ship with a speed boat and airliners with box cutters..............Pathetic.

Back